How to Turn 1 String of Twinkle Lights into 11 Unique Decor Ideas
It’s a well-known fact that the holiday season would not be complete without twinkle lights. If you are looking to switch things up this year and hoping to take those twinkle lights to new heights, these unique lighting ideas will help you get your sparkle on in the most festive way possible. From simple lighting hacks to intricate wreaths and snowy scenes, these ideas will have you ready to leave up those lights year-round.
1. Canvas Sign: Just poke a few holes into a painted canvas for this bright, beautiful and festive artwork. Feel free to save it for next year or repaint it with each changing season. (via Love Grows Wild)
2. Snow Terrariums: Twinkle, twinkle, little terrarium. How cute are these snowy scenes? Pick up a few figures and some fake snow from the dollar store to make them part of your decor. (via Fairy Lights & Fun)
5. Snow Inspired Lights: Sometimes all you need is paper and a bit of imagination to take your holiday decor to the next level. Whip up these snowy lights and hang ’em all over to turn your home into a winter wonderland. (via Brit + Co)
6. Marquee Sign: The best way to make your holiday cheer known is to spell it out in bright lights. The color scheme is up to you, but we are partial to these bold and festive primary colors. (via Creating & Co)
7. Ladder: Okay, so this one is less practical than the others, but it looks so pretty! Can’t you just picture this as a cool-girl Christmas tree alternative in a sweet city loft? (via Urban Outfitters)
11. Mirror: Take the holiday decor into the bedroom by wrapping twinkle lights around a mirror for the perfect glow. You’re pretty much guaranteed to feel a little more glamorous after getting Christmas-party ready in a lit-up mirror. (via The Everygirl)
Do you have twinkle lights in your home? How do you decorate with them? We’d love your ideas in the comments!
(Additional reporting by Katie Bond)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)