Bright, shiny and bold as all getout — the holographic lip trend has taken the interwebs by storm, and we can’t get enough. This OTT pout comes to us courtesy of Sigma Beauty’s Lip Switch glosses — AKA high-profile pigments that will make your inner beauty geek squeal with glee. And with so many ways to wear these five swoon-worthy shades, it’s no wonder why Instababes are obsessed. Whether you decide to wear them over a plum lip or layer them on top of one another, your pucker will be the talk of the town. Here are 10 ways you can rock this stunning trend.
1. Candy Pout: If you’re in the mood for candy-flavored kisses, try layering the high-shine gloss over a coral matte lip for a sweet effect. While this color combo would be perfect for summer, we say rock it during winter to brighten up a neutral ensemble.
2. Cold As Ice: Bring out your inner ice queen with this majestic hue. Fill in your lips with a light blue lip pencil before you swipe a purple reflective gloss over top.
3. Oil Slick: This show-stopping lip gloss would look perfect over any bold shade. Apply only to the bottom lip to really bring on the drama.
4. Subtle Pink: Though this gloss looks out of this world, it’s subtle enough to wear for your nine-to-five. Outline your pout with a lip pencil to keep the look nice and clean.
5. Natural Gloss: Why bother layering your products when these glosses look so DDG on their own? Complement with a fierce cat eye for effortless glamour.
6. Sunrise: Add an iridescent gloss to rich hues of red and pink to create a multi-toned sunrise. Keep the rest of your beauty look minimal to really let your pout stand out.
7. Galaxy: If you want to go down the daring route, this lip combo is for you. Layer a gloss over a deep sea blue to amplify your nighttime look from oh-so boring to out of this world.
8. Royal Treatment: YAS, Queen. Use a bold purple liquid lipstick as a base to add gorgeous dimension to your holographic.
9. Two-Toned: Wear two of your favorite highlighters together to really make your lips pop. Keep the lipstick base the same or go for two different shades if you want an ultra-out-there look.
10. Vampy: If dark lips are your jam, add some intrigue courtesy of a luxe red lower lip with a swipe of this holographic formula. Pair it with a matte upper lip for an extra-sultry take on this killer trend.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius makeup hacks and inspo.