This Holographic Lip Trend Is Futuristic AF
Bright, shiny and bold as all getout — the holographic lip trend has taken the interwebs by storm, and we can’t get enough. This OTT pout comes to us courtesy of Sigma Beauty’s Lip Switch glosses — AKA high-profile pigments that will make your inner beauty geek squeal with glee. And with so many ways to wear these five swoon-worthy shades, it’s no wonder why Instababes are obsessed. Whether you decide to wear them over a plum lip or layer them on top of one another, your pucker will be the talk of the town. Here are 10 ways you can rock this stunning trend.
1. Candy Pout: If you’re in the mood for candy-flavored kisses, try layering the high-shine gloss over a coral matte lip for a sweet effect. While this color combo would be perfect for summer, we say rock it during winter to brighten up a neutral ensemble.
2. Cold As Ice: Bring out your inner ice queen with this majestic hue. Fill in your lips with a light blue lip pencil before you swipe a purple reflective gloss over top.
3. Oil Slick: This show-stopping lip gloss would look perfect over any bold shade. Apply only to the bottom lip to really bring on the drama.
4. Subtle Pink: Though this gloss looks out of this world, it’s subtle enough to wear for your nine-to-five. Outline your pout with a lip pencil to keep the look nice and clean.
5. Natural Gloss: Why bother layering your products when these glosses look so DDG on their own? Complement with a fierce cat eye for effortless glamour.
View this post on Instagram
N E O N B A R B I E. ••••••••••••••••••• for this I used all @sigmabeauty products: 🍭 sigma pink power crayon 🍭 holographic lip vexes in other wordly, pink lotus & flip flop 🍭 E21 smudge brush •••••••••••••••••••• tag another unicorn who enjoys neon colours! let me know your thoughts ❤️ #sigmabeauty #liptakeover
A post shared by ARIANNE DREESSEN. (@1500px) on
6. Sunrise: Add an iridescent gloss to rich hues of red and pink to create a multi-toned sunrise. Keep the rest of your beauty look minimal to really let your pout stand out.
View this post on Instagram
WOW. Just...WOW 😍😍😍 The gifted #makeupartist behind this #creativemakeup #workofart is @colorwithcrayons 👏👏👏 #makeupart #makeupartistry #makeupskills #makeupgoals #makeupenvy #makeupinspo #makeupinspiration #makeupgoddess #brightmakeup #holographic #holographicmakeup #holomakeup #galaxymakeup #hololips #holographiclips #colorfulmakeup #colourfulmakeup #boldlip #boldlips
A post shared by Kitty Kavanagh (@chronically_fabulous1989) on
7. Galaxy: If you want to go down the daring route, this lip combo is for you. Layer a gloss over a deep sea blue to amplify your nighttime look from oh-so boring to out of this world.
View this post on Instagram
🌈Magical🌈 __ How freaking beautiful is this rainbow iridescent changing Lip Switch gloss from @sigmabeauty 😍💖🙌 with motion/moving the product you see the rainbow appear vividly and then it settles to a softer iridescent appearance- it's magical! I used @sigmabeauty Power Crayon in 'Own It' as the purple base, then applied the Lip Switch in 'Double Whammy Lip Vex' on the bottom lip using the Sigma Beauty Lip Brush 🎨 Use code 'GEEVEE' for $ off your Sigma order! 😘 __ #lipart #Sigma #sigmabeauty #lipswitch #powercrayon #purplelips #Rainbows #rainbowlips #iridescent #holographic #magical #genevievejauquet #becreative #lipgloss #lips
A post shared by 💋 GENEVIEVE Jauquet Perez (@genevievejauquet) on
8. Royal Treatment: YAS, Queen. Use a bold purple liquid lipstick as a base to add gorgeous dimension to your holographic.
9. Two-Toned: Wear two of your favorite highlighters together to really make your lips pop. Keep the lipstick base the same or go for two different shades if you want an ultra-out-there look.
10. Vampy: If dark lips are your jam, add some intrigue courtesy of a luxe red lower lip with a swipe of this holographic formula. Pair it with a matte upper lip for an extra-sultry take on this killer trend.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius makeup hacks and inspo.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)