Everyone loves a good makeover, and houses are no exception. We’re obsessed with all the amazing before and afters (and in betweens!) featured below. From bright and colorful office revamps to a picturesque French chateau restoration, these makeovers are full of inspiration for projects both big and small. Check out these gorgeous transformations and get ready to start planning for your own home projects!
2. Colorful Balcony: The plain stucco balcony of this rental apartment was recreated into a lush, bright outdoor space. Thanks to some easy-to-remove pallets, colorful decor and plenty of plants, the balcony makes the most of the space without any damage to the walls or flooring. (via Design*Sponge)
3. Layers of History: Follow along as this couple from Australia restores an abandoned 12th-century French chateau. The magnificent exterior alone looks like something out of Downton Abbey, and an amazing restoration continues inside as these owners peel back the layers of time. Every little project is recorded on their blog, the “Captain’s Log,” of Chateau Gudanes. (via Chateau Gudanes)
4. Classic Refresh: This place went from a blasé 1980s home to a sophisticated, colorful retreat. Follow along every step of the way and see how spaces like this nursery went from plain and boring to custom and cool with a little imagination and lots of DIY. (via Love & Renovations)
5. Chic Office Update: Intricate wall paneling brings an interesting, custom feature to this once-boring office space. Mandy from Vintage Revivals painted the boards used for the wall treatment beforehand, and then secured them in this stylish geometric pattern. A mix of vintage pieces and colorful accents finish the look, creating a relaxing space for reading or enjoying your morning coffee. Be sure to check out all of her other amazing makeovers too! (via Vintage Revivals)
6. Victorian Dream: This husband-and-wife duo is currently revitalizing their 1890s Victorian home. You’ll find all the details on the process on their blog, complete with lots of DIY projects for every space. (via Victoria Elizabeth Barnes)
7. Modern Style: From design mock-ups to plenty of progress shots, this blog features the behind-the-scenes story of a 1960s ranch renovation. One of the most spectacular transformations is this kitchen. The owners got rid of the dark, drab brick and went with a crisp charcoal and white palette, emphasizing the home’s stunning, mid-century-inspired lines. (via A Goode House)
8. Living Room Makeover: This design blogger gave her basic living room a brand new look — complete with a fabulous turquoise sofa, mid-century accents and huge leafy indoor plants. Sheer white curtains ensure the space gets plenty of light, while a soft Moroccan rug adds a luxurious, welcoming touch. (via Design Love Fest)
9. Traditional Reno: This renovation-crazy couple is now on house three, so there’s plenty of renovation inspo to go around. Stay up to date on their most current projects or take a look back through their experience with the very first house flip. (via Young House Love)
10. Revitalized Craftsman: This 20th-century craftsman home got an extensive facelift, and it’s all recorded step-by-step on this blog. Working with the original bones of the structure, the family kept the spirit of the home intact while giving it a stylish, modern update. (via Chaotically Creative)
11. Happy Bedroom: A neglected master bedroom went from cluttered to ultra-chic in this makeover contest. This refreshed space features sophisticated new furniture, trendy wallpaper and a welcoming coral and green color scheme. (via Style By Emily Henderson)
What type of home would you love to renovate or restore one day? Have any rooms that need a major makeover? Share your ideas with us in the comments!