DIY Home Makeover: 10 Simple Wall Stencils
Love your DIY temporary wallpaper and ready to take your home makeover to the next level? Wall stencils are a great way to bring color and pattern into your home without splurging on expensive (and hard to remove) wallpaper. And for you, our glossy interiors loving friends, we’ve found the most gorgeous, fun wall stencils from exotic ikats to crisp geometric prints. Now, let’s get decorating….
1. Mexican Otomi Pattern Wall Stencil ($44) This traditional print is so fun and playful! Perfect for a kitchen or a child’s room, it adds a touch of whimsy and color to any wall.
3. Small Ikat Wall Stencil($47) Painted in a bright, fun color this exotic print takes on a modern, fun feel.
4. Geometric Wall Stencil ($30) This subtle, elegant stencil gives just a hint of texture to any colored wall. Also perfect for stencil-phobes, this design is easy to paint.
5. Moroccan Wall Stencil ($45) The bold, clean lines of this traditional mediterranean print are perfect for turning an awkward corner or unused space into an exotic show piece!
6. Ikat Bukhara Wall Stencil ($47) The ample white space in this Ikat give the print a more country, casual feel.
7. Hexagon Wall Stencil ($34) This geometric print is so perfectly mid-century modern. The extreme contrast between the plum and chartreuse adds luxury and drama to the very simple stencil design.
8. Ikat Wall Stencil ($34) This bright, fun, simple ikat in bright contrast makes for a bright, dramatic wall.
9. Herringbone Shuffle ($35) On an average day, we don’t think we’d call herringbone hip. But when you’re looking at this wall, your day isn’t average.
Have you stenciled your walls lately? Let us know what looks you’re loving in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.