There’s a reason why that iconic spaghetti scene in Lady and the Tramp is so romantic. The al fresco dining situation and the Italian serenade are part of it, but it’s mainly because of the long strand of pasta that leads their snouts to meet. So when it comes to hosting your own date night, look to the classic Disney film and serve homemade fresh pasta. Check out the 14 basic homemade pasta recipes below that’ll make your weekend date night one to rival Lady’s.
1. Two-Ingredient Fresh Pumpkin Pasta: With just two ingredients, there’s no excuse not to make this flavorful pasta. Pair the subtly sweet noodles with a creamy Alfredo sauce and fried sage for a lovely fall-inspired meal. (via Wholefully)
3. Homemade Beet, Butternut Squash, and Spinach Ravioli With Orange Butter Sauce: You want options — we’ve got options. Whether it’s beet, butternut squash, or spinach ravioli, this recipe has you covered, and with an orange butter sauce to boot. (via Madeline Lu)
4. Lemon Pappardelle With Basil and Kale Pesto: Pappardelle is an easy shape of pasta to make if you’re new to making it from scratch. This one is lightly flavored with lemon and tossed in a fresh basil and kale pesto. (via Anna Banana)
5. How to Make Pasta Without a Machine: Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need heavy machinery to make perfect pasta. This method uses only your hands, a rolling pin, and a sharp knife to create strips of comforting pappardelle, lasagna, or fettuccine. (via Domino)
10. Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Ravioli With Browned Butter and Oregano Bread Crumbs: If you won’t have a lot of time the day of your date, try making the ravioli portion ahead of time, and freezing until you need it. (via Half Baked Harvest)
11. Fresh Beet Pasta and Beet Pesto: It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day to show your love with red pasta. Plus, nothing *beets* the feeling you get when making something so beautiful from scratch. (via O+O Eats)
13. Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta: With the right care, whole wheat pasta can be just as light and airy as white pasta. This way, you can add whole grains and additional nutrients to whatever dish you choose to prepare. (via Naturally Ella)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun recipes!