14 Twists on Classic Hoop Earrings to Add to Your Collection
To say the hoop earring is a classic would be an understatement: The timeless style has been holdin’ it down since way back when. That said, even the most iconic pieces need an upgrade every now and then. With everything from velvet shoes to pendant chokers and patches making a serious comeback, it was only a matter of time before the tried-and-true hoop underwent a major RN makeover. The result of this long-awaited sartorial transformation: stunning. A far cry from the gaudy baubles you’ll find in your granny’s jewelry box (okay, there are some real winners in there too), these bad boys are bonafide street style bait. We’ve pulled the best of the bunch, delivering 14 gotta-get styles that will change the way you play the accessorizing game. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
1. Mango Twisted Hoops ($10): FROW-approved style for a petite price tag? Pinch us — we must be dreaming. The sculptural styling boasts the ultimate balance of minimalist and statement-making appeal — just add mid-calf boots, a patchwork shift dress and bell-sleeve blouse for the win.
2. Pamela Love Enclosure Hoop Earrings ($340): Sure, they’re a splurge, but these lovely lapis hoops inspire that forever kind of love. Fall weddings on the agenda? Pair them with a silver slip, berry lips and shimmery kicks for a contemporary cool look that’s worth saying “I do” to.
3. Zara Mini Pearl Round Earrings ($16): They might pack plenty of sophistication and class, but these aren’t your grandma’s pearls. With their clean lines and modern design, these gilded hoops were made with the girlboss in mind. Style alongside a pinstriped blazer, block heels and a go-get-’em ‘tude.
4. Amber Sceats Luka Earrings ($129): Boring these playful earrings are not, setting themselves apart from your collection of understated studs with their streamlined style and lovely loop detail. Making the transition from day to night an effortless exercise, they’re a shoo-in for your workweek repertoire.
5. Mango Hoop Earrings ($16): Cool temps and colorful foliage have you dreaming of woodland walks and cozy evenings relaxing by the fire. With their earthy edge and antiqued aesthetic, these wood grain earrings are just the thing for all your fall adventures. Cable knit sweaters, blanket scarves and lace-up boots make the perfect companions.
6. Free People Prism Hoops ($18): Bells and whistles not your thing? These sleek geometric hoops make a statement without all the frills and fanfare. Embrace your inner trendsetter by wearing them with a midi t-shirt dress, patent boots and an oversized denim jacket for your weekly gossip sesh with the girls or a foreign film fest.
7. Alexis Bittar Pierced Liquid Hoop Earrings ($175): These resin-coated hoops are pretty much everything. Between dressing up band tees and distressed jeans to infusing stuffy separates with a modern flair, they bring their style A-game at every opportunity. Only have five minutes in the morning to pull together a flawless look? These stunners are the ones you’ll turn to every single time.
8. Lena Bernard Etoile Earrings ($58): Work week not shaping up to be quite as stellar as you’d anticipated? Allow these celestial earrings to add a little pep to your step. Even if your to-do list is venturing on the never-ending side and the emails keep on pouring in, you can take comfort in knowing that these bad boys have your style on lock. Fake it ’til you make it, right?
9. ASOS Precious Open Hoop Earrings ($19): Minimalists, rejoice! Here’s a pair of souped-up hoops you can totally get behind. The perfect partner to your latest collection of pared-down duds, they swap out glitz and glamour for natural stone embellishments that usher an otherwise snoozy style into haute territory.
10. Michael Kors Hoop Earrings ($95): With Meadow being one of this season’s Pantone-approved colors, these gorgeous green hoops feel right on cue. Whether you pop ’em on with a floral maxi or style them alongside a longline vest and jacquard boots, the result will be straight-up stunning.
11. Rebecca Minkoff Studded Huggie Spike Charm Earrings ($58): These studded numbers pack some major tough-girl charm. The badass spikes and shimmery stones bring the don’t-mess vibes like none other, making them a must-have for Monday morning meetings and crushing deadlines.
12. Better Late Than Never Minor Arc Hoop Earring ($125): #artsy. Better late than never is most definitely how we feel about these handmade structural arcs — these pieces of wearable art are the difference between an everyday ensemble and street style gold. You know the drill — scoop ‘em up stat.
13. & Other Stories Toga Bangle Earrings ($25): These architectural hoops take a less-is-more approach that will resonate with minimalists and trendsetters alike. Round out an embellished blouse or a graphic tunic with these ultra sleek earrings for max perfection.
14. Mango Metal Earrings ($10): If you can only add one accoutrement to your arsenal this fall, make it these swoon-inducing swirls. Fancy dinner with bae? Toss ’em on with a simple LBD, next-level Mary Janes and a velvet blazer for a foolproof look.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.