How to Throw a Muggle-Approved Harry Potter Baby Shower
Has your BFF been *patiently* waiting for her acceptance letter from Hogwarts from the time she turned 13? Since a wizard path is not likely in her future, why not do the next best thing and bring Hogwarts to her with an adorable Potter-head baby shower. You can trade in the usual pink or blue baby shower theme and opt for something a bit more magical. Think: Butterbeer, dessert “wands” and adorable HP-inspired onesies. Scroll on for all the Harry Potter essentials that will have you throwing a wizard-tastic shower for your favorite mom-to-be.
1. Ichabods Imagination Welcome Little Muggle Banner ($35): Welcome the new little muggle with this adorable banner. It will make the perfect backdrop for all those baby bump pictures.
2. Deathly Hallows Sugar Cookies: Feed your muggle guests with these adorable deathly hallows cookies. Ten points to Gryffindor for the brave wizards who try switching up icing colors to coordinate with the different Hogwarts Houses. (via The Kitchen Magpie)
3. Owl Post: How sweet is this DIY Hedwig display? Just wrap a few boxes with brown butcher paper and grab a couple stuffed owls to create this simple and easy party display that will totally bewitch your guests. (via Anders Ruff)
4. Sweet Cotton Paperie Harry Potter Invitations ($9): Your guests have all been waiting to accept their letter to Hogwarts. Grab these Harry Potter baby shower invites instead and invite them to your magical muggle shower.
5. Butterbeer: Open your very own Three Broomsticks in your kitchen and create this Butterbeer concoction. This buttery elixir is filled with cream soda, marshmallow cream and heavy cream. Can you say delicious? (via Cooking Classy)
6. Five Wild Hearts Snuggle this Muggle Onesie and Lulla Babywear Nimbus 2000 Onesie ($14-$20): Prepare to wrap your baby muggles (or wizards) in these perfect bedtime jammies. The best part? If you throw them on a clothes line with cute clothes pins, they double as HP baby shower decoration.
7. Paper Willow Designs Harry Potter Gift Tags ($5): Pack your broom-tastic favors in brown bags and then top them off with these wizard-friendly stickers. Sort your BFFs into Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff for a fun twist!
8. Golden Snitches: No Harry Potter party would be complete without some Quidditch swag. Transform Ferrero Rocher chocolates into snitches with some cut-out wings and hot glue. Plus, you don’t even need a transfiguration spell! (via Cooking Classy)
9. Bring Your Own Cake Tassel Garland ($17): Swing this over a fence, fireplace or dessert table to incorporate Gryffindor colors into your baby shower. You can even line these cute tassels along a hallway to make your own Diagon Alley.
10. Sprinkle Wands: No Potter-head baby shower would be complete without a few of Ollivander’s wands. Simply dip your pretzel wands in melted chocolate and dip in sprinkles, and abracadabra! You have tasty wands. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
12. Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties: Looking for a delicious HP treat to add to your food display? Check out this Potter-head pastry recipe and learn how to make a pumpkin HP scar treat. (via Get Away Today)
13. Floating Candles: Get in on some upcycling and transform your toilet paper rolls into floating candles. Add battery candles and fishing string to hang them for a fun entrance to your shower. (via This Calls for a Party)
14. Hogwarts Sealed Invitation: Nothing says Hogwarts like an official Hogwarts waxed envelope. Seal your invites with burgundy red wax and this UNIQOOO Hogwarts Sealed Stamp ($16) to add the finishing touch to your invites. (via PopSugar)
15. Potion Display: From gillyweed to the everlasting elixir, your potion display will be the talk of Gringotts. Fill different sized and shaped bottles with glitter, syrup and herbs to create the cutest potion arrangement ever. (via Cooking Classy)
Loved this baby shower idea? Follow us on Pinterest for even more baby shower ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.