22 Adorable Spring Baby Shower Themes
Planning a baby shower takes a few things: the perfect gift, some healthy baby shower snacks and, of course, an epic theme that packs a cohesive look. Stuck on how to make *this* baby shower different and unique from the last few that you’ve thrown? Let the spring season guide you to fresh new trends, and go for a theme that the mommy-to-be and your guests will love. With just a couple trips to the craft store and a little DIY action, you’ll be able to pull together a baby shower theme in no time. Scroll through to check out 22 of your new faves.
1. Tropical Theme: A tropical theme is a no-brainer now that the weather has *finally* decided to work with us. Add mini pineapples to your tablescape and a few painted balloons above to make your space festive AF. The color scheme is simple yet cohesive, bringing greenery, pink and (of course) gilded accents to highlight elements of nature. (via Studio DIY)
2. Watercolor Theme: When in doubt, adding watercolored everything to a party is totally the way to go. After you’ve finalized the menu, paint a sign with watercolors and hand letter the options you’re offering… Your #50daysoflettering game is about to go viral. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
3. Mexican Soiree Theme: If cravings of chips and guac, tacos and all things Tex-Mex are all the baby mama can think about, then a Mexican soiree *has* to be in store. Use printer paper and scissors to DIY this banner, and head to your local farmers market to liven up the tablescape with bright flowers, cacti and gold accents. Your guests will be so blown away they might forget about the food… for a minute. (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Boho Chic Theme: Add a boho vibe to the shower by using a natural color palette and putting succulents on the tables. If you opt to DIY this darling sign, the new mom can take it home to decorate the nursery after the party. (via Baby Shower Ideas 4 U)
5. Twinkle Twinkle Theme: If you’re looking for something a little more classic, get inspired from one of your favorite childhood nursery rhymes or lullabies. Decorate with moons and stars, and your Twinkle Twinkle theme will be absolutely dreamy. (via Beau Coup)
6. Popsicle Theme: Now that it’s spring, it’s time to put away the hot chocolate mix and break out the popsicle molds. Create a popsicle theme for your baby shower by DIYing this jumbo garland using pool noodles. Bonus: Pool noodles are super budget-friendly. (via Oh Happy Day)
7. Gilded + Girly Theme: Hosting a girly baby shower is so simple. All you need is gold-colored anything, a few pops of pink and a couple dozen donuts. Your guests will thank you when their Insta-game gets kicked up a notch from the party pics, especially if the guest of honor has a hashtag. (via My Best Friend’s Blog)
8. Confetti Theme: Confetti is, hands down, the clearest sign that it’s time to celebrate. Babies are *definitely* a call for celebration, so sprinkle your space with confetti and consider your theme complete. (via Studio DIY)
9. Ice Cream Theme: Spring is the perfect excuse to turn any bash into an ice cream sundae party. Fill vases with ice cream cone cookies like these to use as centerpieces, and turn your island into a make-your-own-sundae bar. Pat yourself on the back, because you just created a shower that’s 100% fit for your BFF’s sweet tooth. (via Chic + Cheap Nursery)
10. Peter Rabbit Theme: It’s a baby shower, which is the *best* time to go crazy with the cuteness. Pull off a Peter Rabbit theme by hanging a DIYed garland, topping your cake with a bunny and whipping up adorable rabbit cookies around. (via Hello Naomi)
11. Geometric Theme: The geometric trend may have started a couple years back, but it has no intention of slowing down any time soon. Add your favorite geometric shapes to the baby shower decor for a modern look that will have your guests oohing and ahhing. (via Piccoli Effi)
12. Tea Party Theme: This outdoor tea party is presentation GOALS. Hang jumbo balloons and streamers from the trees and deck out your tablescape with bouquets of flowers to create the prettiest tea party your guests will ever attend. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
13. Sweet as Can Bee Theme: Honey, this theme is about as sweet as it gets. Get the look with a yellow tablecloth and flowers, and then, finish it off with accents of bumble bees and honey. Too. Cute. (via Pizzazzerie)
14. Backyard Baby Shower Theme: Take a gamble with the weather and go for a backyard baby shower. On the hunt for the perfect party favor for this theme? Wrap succulents in burlap to create a favor that’s cheap, easy AND pretty. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
15. Aloha Theme: Channel your inner hula girl and create an epic Aloha-themed shower. Complete with laser cut place cards and oodles of palm fronds, it’s safe to say your pals will feel like they somehow ended up at a Hawaiian luau. (via 100 Layer Cake)
16. Modern Aztec Theme: Aztec-themed anything never gets old. Top off your themed shower with this hand-painted “welcome” sign. Not only will you have the most creative baby shower in town, but you’ll also get the chance to put your DIY skills to the test. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
17. Modern + Bright Theme: Planning a baby shower can get a little on the pricey side. Instead of going for an out-there theme, opt for something where you can use what you’ve already got. Hang oversized balloons with tassels and use all of your bright decorations to create this modern and bright vibe. (via Creative Juice)
18. Paper Flower Theme: Fresh flowers aren’t your thing? No prob. DIY a bunch of paper flowers and decorate your space with them. It’ll give a bright and springy theme to the shower that the mommy will love, plus she and guests can take home the giganto flowers for their nurseries or reading nooks. (via Icing Designs)
19. Modern Animal Theme: Instead of going with classic animal figurines to decorate the shower, choose something a little more contemporary. This B+W animal cake is the perfect way to add some pizzazz to the party. Plus, you can’t go wrong with mixing black and white and your favorite rich colors. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
20. Simple + Natural Theme: Does the mommy-to-be go for more simple, natural elements? Then a clean and organic theme is right up her alley. Pick up fresh flowers, crisp white linens and natural decorations to keep it classy. (via 100 Layer Cake-let)
21. Watercolor Safari Theme: Y’all, this isn’t your average safari theme. Go wild with framed watercolor animal prints and a greenery-topped cake for an anything-but-basic decor scheme. This shower is perfect for moms who’ve decided not to find out the sex of the baby. (via POPSUGAR)
22. Pineapple of My Eye Theme: Turn a fruit into a theme so that mommy-to-be can get pumped to meet the fruits of her own labor. Okay, maybe that’s a stretch, but the pineapple theme is as fun to brainstorm as it is to carry out. Create custom napkins, cocktail glasses and drink stirrers to make your pineapple baby shower next-level. (via Pizzazzerie)
Are you hosting a baby shower this spring? Head over to our Pinterest for more inpso.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)