7 #OOTDs for the Week: Rock Menswear-Inspired Shoes Like a Lady
This season, heels aren’t the only footwear that can make an outfit feel fancy in an instant. From preppy loafers to posh oxfords, menswear-inspired dress shoes are quickly becoming the fashion girl go to for adding an easy-going polish to nearly any look. This week’s outfit inspiration is about how to take cues from the boys when it comes to slipping in or lacing up, with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs below for tips on how to wear the flatter footwear like a lady.
1. @frassyaudrey: Patent leather’s super shine makes even the most basic of lace ups feel gala fancy. As seen on Parisian style blogger Audrey, the pair stand up elegantly to a fit-and-flare cocktail dress, and, along with that heart-print clutch, give the look a uniquely playful feel.
2. @phoenixlovechild2: When you want to turn jeans and a tee into a work-worthy uniform, turn to leather lace ups like this London-based blogger. Take the look to the next level by cuffing your denim to expose a set of colorful socks — a style hack stolen straight from the guys.
3. @larisacostea: Wear classic penny loafers the way they were meant to be by channeling your inner prepster like Romanian style blogger Larisa. The bowler cap, backpack and cardigan cement the vibe, but we just can’t take our eyes off of those statement socks.
4. @alwaysjudging: When the best of both worlds is so versatile, there’s no reason to not own a pair of heeled oxfords. SoCal blogger Courtney gives us major schoolgirl vibes with this sock baring skirt look (and we mean that in the best possible way), though we see these shoes looking just as good paired with cropped trousers or flaired denim.
5. @n0bigdeal: Bay Area style blogger Sarah dresses up her sporty basics with eye-catching silver loafers, putting an unexpected twist on a made-for-the-weekend look. Besides looking naturally fresh with a fancy jumpsuit, we’re dreaming of wearing this pair with our fave jersey midi and Jean jacket all of spring too.
6. @myshowroomblog: No other pair of shoes looks cuter with shorts and tights than oxfords. Barcelona blogger Priscila is making a seriously strong case for owning a leopard printed pair, especially when styled with classic pieces like a white tee and plaid scarf.
7. @thriftsandthreads: Take it from LA style blogger Brittany: your new 9-to-5 staples are chunky oxfords. We’re loving this modern blazer and midi skirt combo with the footwear, or max out on menswear inspo by wearing the pair with a two-piece suit. Be sure to finish with #Girlboss details like a slicked back pony and bold lip.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with@britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)