7 #OOTD Stars Who Will Make You Want to Wear Purple
Foliage-inspired hues and warm neutrals might reign supreme from September straight through spring, but shades of pretty purple are determined to steal some of that spotlight this season. The standout hue is anything but understated, with shades ranging from light lavender to fuchsia. If shaking up your fall wardrobe is what you’re after, purple is the way to go. Not sure how to navigate this sassy hue? Consider these OOTDs your step-by-step guide.
1. @fashionagony: An outer layer that really pops is the perfect way to garner a little sartorial attention this season, making this printed kimono the perfect piece. Use it to upgrade basics like your favorite jeans and a classic tee or to add an extra sophisticated edge to polished separates. (via @fashionagony)
3. @happilygrey: Black, gray and camel might be classic, but your wardrobe warrants pieces with a little more personality. That’s where a pastel topper comes in. Basics and elevated essentials are about to get a lot more interesting. (via @happilygrey)
4. @gabifresh: Forget the little black dress: It’s all about that purple, ladies. A little eye catching color can go a long way in making even the most timeless silhouettes feel on-trend. To drive the look into fashion-forward territory, work it with patterned or chunky-heeled pumps and a funky clutch. (via @gabifresh)
5. @ellena_galant_girl: If going all out is out of the question, sprinkle in a few pops of the bright-and-bold hue with a few accessories. Bonus points if it adds a layer of dimension to an otherwise monochromatic ensemble. (via @ellena_galant_girl)
6. @candicelake: Pairing purple with other items in your closet can be a rigorous exercise in color theory. Take a note from Candice Lake and style it alongside deep shades of mustard yellow for a look that’s all-out-autumnal. (via @candicelake)
7. @elvira_abasova: If simply wearing purple isn’t adventurous enough for your sartorial tastes, choose a statement piece in the striking hue, then pair it up with a mix of equally as eye-catching prints. (via @elvira_abasova)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.