14 Gorgeous LBDs, Because You Need a New Going-Out Dress
The arrival of a new season means one very important thing: It’s time to replenish our wardrobes with exciting, on-trend pieces. In addition to the more trendy items — boho flares and bow-neck blouses, we’re looking at you — there’s something to be said about a tried-and-true staple that never lets you down. One that particularly comes to mind is that classic LBD. From floor-grazing numbers to chic and cozy turtleneck styles, here are 14 little black dresses that will carry you through every fall ritual.
1. Abbey Road Dress ($58): For an evening of dancing and bar-hopping, this is the show-stopping, neck-plunging dress that needs to be in your wardrobe STAT. For max perfection, style it up with an edgy choker necklace or take style cues from our girl Laverne Cox by tossing on a body chain.
2. Greenland Dress ($148): Yes, you CAN be comfortable and on-trend at the same time. Lazy girl-chic is the name of the game as far as this comfy-cozy mini dress is concerned. Besides the super soft fleece fabric (yasss), the oversized turtleneck will serve as a security blanket when the temps become truly unbearable.
3. Denim Button Through Pinafore Dress ($63): Move over, denim button-front skirt, there’s a new pinafore dress in town. Channel your inner Alexa Chung by pairing this foolproof LBD with a black- and white-striped turtleneck and boyish brogues.
4. Faux-Leather Pocket Shift Dress ($119): We all need a simple little black dress that can be worn as-is or styled to perfection with just the right statement necklace. Enter in this quintessential wool dress — with faux leather pockets, no less — that will seamlessly make the transition into fall. The only thing missing now is a pair of d’Orsay flats and a leather tote for a cool, off-duty look.
5. Disco Moon Maxi ($300): Va-va-voom. It’s time to swap out your shorter, summery boho frocks for a regal maxi fit for any fall festival. The plunging neckline and thigh-high slit here demand attention. Accessory-wise: Keep it minimal with a gold cuff bracelet or maybe even a flower crown.
6. The Fifth Label White Light Long Sleeve Dress ($105): There’s a reason why the Kardashians swear by hip-hugging, bodycon dresses. Go forth and channel the confident you with this long-sleeved LBD that balances sneaky cutouts with a demure turtleneck. Slip into a pair of strappy, heeled sandals for a look that will have you cocktail hour-ready in no time.
7. Bridget Velvet Dress ($218): You know that effortless, wear-with-anything trapeze dress that you had on repeat all summer long? Well, this velvet dress is the next best thing. Easy as slip on and go, it can be dressed up for a fall concert with a pendant necklace or pared down for casual Sunday with leopard-print sneaks.
8. Body-Con Dress With Lace Sleeve and Fringing ($54): If you’re in the market for a sultry LBD that errs on the conservative side (but that isn’t bor-ing), then you’ve come to the right place. This bodycon dress with lace sleeves and subtle fringe detailing on the sides is a sartorial stunner. For an edged-up look, just throw a wide-brimmed hat and chunky ankle boots into the equation.
9. Swing Dress With Flared Sleeve and Keyhole ($45): We don’t know about you, but we’re *major* fans of dresses that flaunt easygoing silhouettes. Go ahead and give this swingy number a twirl by pairing it with lace-up flats for the daytime and Mary Jane pumps later.
10. Pleated Drop-Waist Shirtdress ($69): Pleats, please! Masculine meets feminine when pleats and a collar are involved. For a one-and-done look, this drop-waist dress is about to become your new go-to. Do LESS by styling it down with a pair of off-white oxfords and a chunky knit cardigan on nippy mornings.
11. Nobis Dress ($160): Get major style points in the boardroom with this fringe-tastic, vintage-inspired shift dress. Be a boss by rockin’ it with a tailored blazer during the daytime, then make it after-hours ready with cutout ankle booties and an oversized clutch.
12. Long-Sleeve Sequin Collar Dress ($398): If you only splurge on one LBD this entire season, make it this one. Practically made for the hostess with the mostess — did you check out that sequined collar? — this is as ladylike and sophisticated as it gets. Bow heels obligatory.
13. Edison Dress ($118): We hope that you have a leather jacket and a pair of stiletto ankle booties handy, because this lace-up midi dress is ready to come out and play. Major bonus: The lace-up neckline is adjustable so you can show off as much (or as little) skin as you like. A dress this risqué is practically made for your next girls’ night out.
14. Cropped Sleeve Dress ($65): Minimalist enthusiasts, rejoice. Nothing says back to basics like a streamlined LBD. Serving as a blank canvas of sorts for all of your blanket scarves and simple statement necklaces, this sartorial game changer will make it easy to mix and match all season long. Hint, hint: Over-the-knee boots + a field jacket = instant cool-girl appeal.
Which of these LBDs will you be adding to your fall shopping list? Let us know in the comments below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!