No matter how much you love the trends that get sent down the runway, the one that busy girls can never get enough of is a style that’s less haute: athleisure. Not only is it amazingly approachable, but it’s cozy — SO cozy. And that, friends, is what’s really key to our wear-it-anywhere obsession. We’ve already showed you how to pull off joggers at your 9-to-5, which is pretty game-changing in itself, but if you’re ready to branch out and wear athleisure trend from head to toe at the office, scroll on to see the pieces you need to successfully stay snuggled while you’re #Girlbossing your guts out. Get ready to redefine business casual with these 15 athleisure staples.
1. Kit and Ace Kemble Bomber ($368): Forget about cardigans and tailored jackets — to step up your workweek outfit game, a bright-collared bomber is it. This gray number keeps it real and is perfect layered over ankle trousers and menswear-inspired flats.
2. Forever21 Tuxedo-Striped Pants ($14): Comfy yet tailored for a sharp look, these tuxedo-striped pants make dressing like a professional an effortless exercise. Another selling point? The super soft fabric and elasticized waist make them the ultimate off-duty piece, so you get double the wear out of these bad boys.
3. ASOS Longline Top With V Back and Split Sides ($18): The classic muscle tee got a chic makeover this fall as a minimalistic tunic. Its longer length adds just the right amount of drama to make it feel dressier than your standard cotton top, especially over workweek chinos or under a cropped blazer.
4. Solange Suede Classic Sneakers ($90): Soft suede and a woven texture give these sunny Solange-approved kicks a luxe edge, making them the ultimate complement to a fashion-forward look for your nine-to-five.
5. Vila Jersery Maxi Skirt ($22): The next best thing to wearing sweats at the office? This effortless maxi. It packs plenty of laid-back vibes, but can easily be dressed up with more polished pieces.
6. Tory Sport Neoprene Bucket Backpack ($295): This is definitely the bag that Sporty Spice would tote around with her if she had a desk job. From the athletic mesh to the preppy fringe, this neoprene bucket bag is hitting all the marks.
7. Daisy Street Oversized Shirt With Contrast Stripe ($38): Take athletic stripes to a really elegant level with a shirt that features bold sets of lines, especially when it’s paired with a classic pencil skirt.
8. Lou & Grey Scuba Hoodie ($70): A hoodie has never looked so board room-appropriate. Made of more structural scuba fabric, this comfy layer could replace your blazer like that.
9. Joomilim Pop Rocks Powder Coated Spheres and Braided Necklace ($148): Dainty jewels? Forget about it. Channel your inner athlete with a rope and chain collar necklace that isn’t messing around.
10. Outdoor Voices Court Skirt ($65): When you want to give your pencil skirt a rest, give this mini skirt (!) a try with your favorite pair of tights and a long-line cardi to play down the leg.
11. Fila + UO Polo ($60): Polos can get a bad rap for being overly preppy, but if pulling of athleisure is your aim, they’re not a bad bet. To give the timeless piece a touch of modern flair, pop the collar and pair it up with high-waisted trousers and lace-up heels or a pleated leather skirt and sassy ankle boots.
12. ADAY Crash Cause Crop Top ($75): Wearing a jersey never felt so fresh. This neoprene crop top is the perfect desk-to-treadmill piece: wear it to the office with wide-legged pants and a sleeveless jacket to play up its oversized silhouette and then change into leggings for the gym – this top was made for that kind of action.
13. Loeffler Randall Perforated Tote ($395): Spacious and sleek, this high-shine, perforated tote infuses even the most elegant ensemble with an athletic edge. Fit your laptop + lunch + change of clothes for the gym easy.
15. H&M Sequined Sweatshirt ($30): We’re not about to ditch our cherished cashmere sweaters and cozy cardigans, but any opportunity to wear a sweatshirt at the office must be seized. To pull of this anything-but-stuffy look, sequins are a major heck yes.
Would you go all out athleisure at work? Tell us how you’d rock this laid-back look in the comments!
(Featured image via @torysport)