How to Get Away With Wearing Joggers to the Office
On days when you just can’t even, putting together an on-point outfit for the office is a serious struggle. Even after coffee. And while those comfy PJ pants are looking pretty prime, no matter how you style your flannel bottoms they just aren’t going to fly at the office. Luckily, there’s an equally appealing piece that you need to get into your rotation STAT. Joggers, the cooler cousin of sweatpants, are about to change everything you thought you knew about business casual. Just follow these six quick tips and you’ll be racking up style points left and right.
1. Choose luxe fabrics. Joggers innately have a casual vibe. To avoid drawing a side-eye from your boss, opt for ones made with fabrics like faux leather, silk, satin or other similar materials. Pair with a classic button-down or sweater and your go-to pumps for the ultimate in easygoing office attire. (via Lovely Pepa, Song of Style)
2. Pair with a pretty blouse. While a button-down shirt is the obvious choice to give these sporty pants the old work-wear touch, a structured blouse is equally as effective (and maybe even a little unexpected). Add on a statement necklace and you’ve got one seriously stylish getup. (via Styled Avenue)
3. Draw the eye upward.Jenna Lyons knows what’s up when it comes to polished nine-to-five (or anytime) dressing. To make her joggers boardroom ready, she goes for fabric that channels traditional trousers and pairs them up with not one, but two on-point toppers that draw the eye upward. This creates balance and keeps the focus away from the more laid-back bottoms. (via Who What Wear)
4. Play with patterns. You might want to pass on gray jersey if you plan on wearing your joggers to work (they’ll give off a major #iwokeuplikethis vibe, and not in a good way). However, prints are totally fair game. Palm prints and florals are the perfect choice for summer and will give you that extra boost to get through your to-do list, while geometric or classic patterns look fab all year. (via Walk in Wonderland)
5. Throw on a blazer.Blazers make everything look instantly chic. Pairing one up with those far-from-fussy slacks is a surefire way to elevate what would be a weekend-only ensemble, landing you most-stylish-employee status. Just one more thing to add to your long list of office creds. (via Fashion Guitar, The Skinny Breeze)
6. Keep it for casual Friday. Denim might be having a moment (but really, when is it not?), but if you’re reserved about introducing joggers into your nine-to-five rotation, consider rocking them on Fridays instead. A tailored jacket and elegant accessories — save for a cool pair of kicks — will give you the pulled-together feel you’re after, without forcing you to compromise on comfort. (via WonderMika)
Do you wear joggers at the office? What’s your favorite way to wear them? Tell us in the comments!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.