10 Indie Beauty Brands to Put on Your Radar Now
When it comes to cult-fave beauty products, it’s safe to say our medicine cabinets are well-stocked. But just as we love discovering that one cool band before they hit radio or trying a food trend before it goes mainstream, there’s nothing quite like the magic of discovering an up-and-coming beauty brand. If you’re on the hunt for the next big thing, look no further than these indie brands who are serving up truly innovative products, all made with unique ingredients and clean consciences.
1. Girl Undiscovered: This line was created by a trio of New Zealand women who each spent their lives traveling the world. As a result, Girl Undiscovered’s products lean heavily on three key ingredients they discovered along the way — Thanaka from Myanmar, Balinese pure virgin Coconut oil, and wild island Kanuka honey. And best of all, the line features ingredients that aren’t just organic; they’re 100 percent wild as well — that means no plantations and pesticides. Brit + Co Pick: Under the Waterfall Crystal Cleansing Water ($31)
2. Smoothie Beauty: Made entirely out of organic, food-based ingredients, Smoothie Beauty’s face masks are shipped to you chilled and totally fresh. It’s like a DIY beauty mask, but without the whole DIY part. And just like the best blended beverages, these masks are made with 100 percent natural and organic ingredients. Take your pick from blends that run the gamut from brightening to anti-aging. Brit + Co Pick: Sunrise Face Mask ($10)
3. SAINT Cosmetics: Didn’t think green beauty could be as chic as this? SAINT checks all of the boxes for good clean beauty — no sketchy chemicals, just plant-based high performance. Think jojoba oil-infused eye shadows and primers boosted with aloe. Plus, the line lives up to its name by regularly donating profits to an organization that benefits victims of domestic abuse. Brit + Co Pick: Dusk Til Dawn Eye Palette ($47)
4. A Complete: Founded by Angelica Fuentes, one of Latin America’s most prominent business women and philanthropists, the brand is perfect for busy women who want a zero-fuss system that will solve every skin issue. Enter the five-product anti-aging routine. Its cleanser, moisturizers, and serum tackle everything from wrinkles to sun spots. Brit + Co Pick: 3-Minute 5-Product Anti-Aging Skin Care Kit ($126)
5. Dope Naturally: Founder Sylwia Wiesenberg (a fitness expert turned wellness guru) grew up drinking a glass of beet juice every day and now jokes that the vibrant veggies are her natural way of doping, AKA her magic potion. And thus her pre- and post-workout superfood powders were born. Add a scoop to your smoothie or yogurt to feel beautiful from the inside out. Brit + Co Pick: Beet Force ($35)
6. Pinch of Colour: When the brand’s founder, Linda Treska, worked as a makeup artist and a beauty consultant for high-end luxury brands, she realized the role that potable water (AKA drinking water) played in making cosmetics. So, she set out to create a truly waterless line of her own with only good-for-you ingredients — and this line was born. Brit + Co Pick: Honey Silk Waterless Tint ($42)
7. Petite Amie: The brand’s name is the French term for girlfriend, so you know we’re already in love. Check out their sheet masks made with botanical-first ingredients, specifically the emoji masks that are just too good to resist. Brit + Co Pick: Chillin Masque ($10)
8. Aussie Bronze: If you’ve ever followed an Australian wellness or fitness guru on Insta, the first thing you’ll probably notice is their impeccable, totally natural-looking glows. This brand’s self-tanner will help you channel that exact look. Its DHA- and toxin-free formula smells faintly of coconut and lime and washes off in your next shower. Brit + Co Pick: Aussie Bronze Tan ($30)
9. Mother Dirt: This Boston-based company wants to redefine “clean.” They create products with AOB, a manufactured bacteria that balances the skin’s ecosystem and, in turn, reduces dependence on conventional products like soaps, moisturizers, and deodorants. Brit + Co Pick: Mother Dirt A0+ Mist ($42)
10. Red Earth: Love brands like Milk, Colourpop, and Glossier? Then you’ll fall hard for Red Earth, whose main mission is to have fun with beauty. The Aussie brand serves up plenty of picks for on-the-go applications, including stick primers, brow pens, and two-in-one mascaras. Brit + Co Pick: Have Fun Lipstick Matches ($5)
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.