10 Globetrotting Families That Will Give You Major Wanderlust
If you’re in perpetual wanderlust like many of us, you might often find yourself scrolling through the wonderful world of travelgrams — Instagram accounts and photos that feature pristine beaches, captivating caverns, awe-inspiring hikes, and more. Now that the new year is in full swing, we thought you might enjoy diving deep into some righteous travel inspo. And if you’re a mom, you’ll especially want to check out these jet-setting families to help you plan your own adventures this year.
1. An Unstoppable Journey: As a single mom and expat, Monique of Unstoppable Journey puts together a seamless collection of travel photos that would make anyone green with wander-envy. The writer and blogger is based in Holland, but her IG adventures have taken her to France, Cambodia, Malaysia, and beyond.
2. The Travel Manuel: This multiracial South African family’s feed is part solo travel, part couple getaways, and part family adventures. Prepare for azure waters, ancient buildings, and, of course, plenty of cute kiddos.
3. Skylar Aria’s Adventures: While this is technically pint-sized Skylar’s own Instagram, it’s her mama behind the lens (and the blog). Skylar has been traveling around the world since she was just a baby, and this sweet child makes for a great guide for other travel moms (and kids!) Whether she’s in France, Austria, or Germany, she’s always got a smile on her face.
4. Global Munchkins: This globetrotting family of seven (including biological and adopted children) maintains a beautiful blog and a busy YouTube channel chronicling their travel-oriented lifestyles. Adventure-mama Amber Mamian is the lady behind their exciting Instafeed.
5. Smiths Holiday Road: The Smiths are an Australian family documenting their adventures in both travel and accessibility. Traveling with three children, one of whom has cerebral palsy, their feed features everything from meetings with Batman and close encounters with koalas to adventures in snorkeling and beautiful gardens.
6. Trippin’ Momma: Amoya Knudson is a single mom and abuse survivor determined to show her kiddos the world as she travels with her small family. Find the Trippin’ Momma walking through old cathedrals, nursing her baby in the desert, and basically being a badass.
7. Joy Chasers: From Athens to Frankfurt to Camana Bay, we dare you to find a more adorable family. The Joy Chasers focus on both family and sustainable travel — because yes, you can have and do it all.
8. Leslie Hsu Oh: Ever wonder what the life of a professional travel writer and author (who also happens to be a mom) is like? Dig into Leslie Oh’s IG feed, filled with her adventures in outdoor exploration and adorable rock-climbing kiddos.
9. The Veiled Wanderer: The Veiled Wanderer’s Instagram is relatively new and features gorgeous, colorful lands and intricate patterns and architecture. But more than that, it spotlights this awesome mama’s travels as she wears her hijab and her baby.
10. Top Flight Family: Carmen at Top Flight Family has a perfectly curated feed of her and her multiracial family’s luxury adventures. See bright images from Jamaica, Aruba, and Macau, as well as plenty from their home base of New York City.
Who are your favorite travel families? Tweet them over to us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @anunstoppablejourney)