19 Design Ideas to Copy from #Wanderlust Instagram Posts
When it comes to home decor inspo, Instagram is one of our all-time favorite sources for the latest and greatest in trends. Our recent obsession: #wanderlust photos. These gems have all the best in color, pattern, texture, and design, and take us to a far-away place without paying a cent. Check out these 19 snapshots and keep perusing those travel ‘grams for all your spring decor inspo.
1. Bottle Centerpieces: These table toppers are #greengoddess perfection. From tables to nightstands to fireplace mantels, you can spruce up any surface with some leafy greens or flowy blossoms suspended in water.
2. Mixed Palettes: Take a note from this London hotel and break all the rules of color matching. Using delicate pastels (think purples and pinks) paired with bright hues (like burnt orange), you can create funky flair in any room.
3. Wallpaper Panels: Bring those chill desert vibes to your living room with exotic-looking wallpaper hung in thick strips. Tie the look together with a bold paint that will really make the print *pop,* and then say hello to your new, ultra vibrant statement wall.
4. Mixed Patterns: Whoever said that multiple patterns don’t mesh well clearly hadn’t laid their eyes on this Palm Springs hotel room. By using mostly neutral and pale tones, you can mix and match stripes to give extra depth, and then top it off with one intricate design, like the ornate walls seen here.
5. Neutral on Neutral: You don’t need to be oceanside to pull off a whimsical, minimalist setup like this. White furniture and textiles, with touches of driftwood or unfinished wooden pieces, will give your space *all* the beachy feels.
6. Go Bold: Want to bring the drama? Look no further than this romantic Parisian dining area. Once you start adding velvet accent pieces, things are bound to be glam. Go on and take it to the next level by mixing bold colors like navy blues, emerald greens, and light pinks.
7. Chic Loft: If you have exposed beams or pipes in your space, try your hand at transforming them into a decor element with a splash of paint.
8. Soft + Delicate: Pastels are having a major moment, and the Richmond, Virginia hotel seen here clearly gets it. Whether you add it to your bedding or your wall art, you can take advantage of the subtle makeover that some of these milder tones bring.
9. Modern Boho: You can totally introduce elements of boho style even if your space is mod-chic. Add Moroccan-inspired textiles and a giant cactus to your clean lines and a minimalist aesthetic for this #winning look.
10. Flip Originals: Mix things up by painting the dull elements of your home’s structure, like the slatted door and rattan chair seen here. There’s nothing that can’t be turned from basic to bomb with a little paintbrush action, right?
11. Groovy Prints: With tons of removable and reusable options, wallpaper is having a major renaissance. Case in point? This gorg floral design. Adding a little flower power this way can do wonders in brightening up a boring bathroom or kid’s room.
12. Play With Materials: Add major dimension to your space by taking a page from this modern London tea shop’s setup. Surfaces like wood, marble, and concrete combine flawlessly for a look that’s complex in all the right ways.
13. Trendy Farmhouse: We love the twist on traditional farmhouse style displayed by this London locale. Dip-dye your classic wooden chairs to liven up an overly neutral palette. Bonus points for copying the ultra-modern lighting too!
14. Marble + Bright Colors: Embrace marble’s versatility by pairing it with some unlikely companions, like this super vibrant, totally springy blue look from Dubai.
15. Accessories As Decor: If you’re a #fashionista, don’t let those fab finds hang in the closet. Use them to spice up your space for an Insta-worthy shot. Bust out the floppy beach hats and put ’em on display for summery vibes galore.
16. Bright and Playful: We can’t all live in a tropical locale, but we can totes fill our homes with bright patterns that sweep us away to paradise. Place settings like these will revolutionize your nom time with bright, whimsical patterns.
17. More Is More: An explosion of pink on every visible surface at this California restaurant makes for some major eye candy. And while this look may not be for everyone, it’s great if you love a color in an OTT way.
18. Vacation Vibes: Bali knows what’s up when it comes to lounging poolside. But just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to get that resort treatment. Update your outdoor arrangement with a comfy lounger and a funky side table for your books, drinks, and sunnies.
19. Modern Minimalism: Keep things super light and airy with all kinds of off-white tones and one or two subtle pops of trendy color. This hip Bangkok restaurant pulled it off in the most gorg way and finished it with simple pink stools. Major *heart-eyes.*
Still need more style inspiration? Be sure to follow us on Pinterest.