12 Must Follow Instababes Who Define Italian-Girl Style
La Parisienne: There’s just something totally irresistible about French-girl style. Their penchant for pulling together getups that are effortless, chic and never overdone is parallel to none. Well, almost. There’s another set of incredibly fashionable femmes out there who could teach us all a serious lesson in style: the Italians. Every perfectly pieced-together look is served up with a side of confidence, elegance, edge and a bit of that non so che — who doesn’t love that? Whether you like to keep it classic or push new sartorial boundaries, it’s time to sideline those French-girl stripes (just for a day or two) and embrace style à l’Italienne. Scroll on to find inspo from our fave Italian Instababes.
1. Candela Novembre: Okay, Candela was actually born in Argentina, but this street-style icon has been holding it down in Milan since the age of 17. Her chic chin-length bob sets her apart from the long-haired femmes dominating the fashion scene, and her playful style that blends flirty feminine and androgynous aesthetics is an endless source of #OOTD inspiration.
2. Eleonora Carisi: The founder of JouJouVilleroy, model Eleonora Carisi is all about balance. On her feed you’ll find everything from floaty feminine frocks to retro athleisure essentials and statement coats — this girl basically has the closet of our dreams.
3. Chiara Ferragni: Whether she’s flitting about the streets of Europe’s fashion capitals or layin’ low in L.A., this shoe designer and The Blonde Salad blogger always gets it right. While there are plenty of designer duds to drool over, what we love is the fun, laid-back nature of Chiara’s style, and the ease with which her getups can be recreated.
4. Valentina Siragusa: Factory Style blogger Valentina Siragusa’s unique sense of style can only be described as bold, but not in an in-your-face kind of way. She loves to play with proportion and balance, so expect to find statement details — bell sleeves, eye-catching shades, oversized silhouettes and loud prints — teamed up with understated wardrobe classics.
5. Tamu McPherson: Both a blogger and street-style photographer, Milan transplant Tamu McPherson isn’t afraid to test drive new trends. And while her fashion sensibilities lie on the adventurous side, her style is totally approachable. Bonus: Every pic on her feed features that killer smile.
6. Erika Boldrin: We’re swooning hard over this blogger’s boho-meets-big-city style. Boldrin is constantly giving us sneak peeks of her adventures, which serve as a lesson in everyday and vacay dressing.
7. Marta Pozzan: Minimalism with a major kick is what you’ll find scrolling through this actress-turned-blogger-turned model’s Insta feed. Her playful, bubbly personality translates to pops of bright color, funky accessories and statement shoes that punch up streamlined separates.
8. Gilda Ambrosio: This native Neapolitan stylist, blogger and designer isn’t afraid to mix it up. She experiments with mixing prints, contrasting colors and look-at-me pieces, and her eclectic day-to-day looks will inspire you to test your own style boundaries.
9. Irene Buffa: Effortless — it’s the word that best describes this Mexico-based Italian blogger, and the very reason why we keep coming back for more. Simple yet stunning, her pared-down ensembles are proof that less is definitely more.
10. Nicoletta Reggio: We can’t decide what we love more: the perfect flat lays featuring enviable accessories, the glimpses into her seaside escapes or the minimalist muse appeal every one of her outfits exudes. I guess we just love it all.
11. Valentina Marzullo: Dainty floral frocks, belted wide-leg trousers and flirty skirts that have a touch of throwback flair — these are just some of the cornerstones of blogger Valentina Marzullo’s closet. This is the lady to turn to when you’re looking for retro-inspired style with a rad modern twist (and endless ‘tude).
12. Veronica Ferraro: Feminine duds with a tough-girl twist is what Veronica Ferraro is all about. Be it an off-the-shoulder shirt dress, slinky slip or a bardot top, best believe there will be a few edgy pieces in the mix to set those don’t-mess vibes into motion.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.