If you ask us, Jennifer Lawrence’s red carpet appearances have always been flawless — falls and all. And so it was no surprise that her sartorial winning streak continued on the press tour for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 (with Dior on her side, you could say the odds were ever in her favor). The Oscar winner kept to her fresh take on classic beauty with a mix of vintage glamour and modern stylings look after look, proving yet again she’s a serious style force to be reckoned with… and copied head to toe. Scroll through to see all of JLaw’s looks from the recent publicity rounds (the countdown to MJ begins!!), plus the pieces to put you on par with her on-fire style.
1. Fit and flare: At the Los Angeles premiere of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1, JLaw kept it ultra feminine in a pearly peplum Dior dress. Nod to its sculptural silhouette with a fit and flare dress ($105) in a similarly etherial palette of creams and bronzy tans. Make the pattern pop with high-shine accessories, but only one or two — restraint keeps it elegant. And if you can hold out even more, skip the red lip for a more natural, peachy pout.
2. LBJ: Jennifer’s outfit for her surprise appearance on Saturday Night Live with Woody Harrelson was a perfect late-night weekend look. The next time you’re planning a GNO, make sure to have a black jumpsuit ($100) at the ready for those times you want the instant sleekness of an LBD without having to style yourself out from head to toe. Score one with an embellished waistline and you’re ready to go the second you zip up.
3. Cozy-chic coat: Here, Jennifer makes a case for a work-worthy wool coat, a classic peacoat that’s just as dressy as it is cozy, as she’s off to a press junket in New York City. Grab a coat ($83) in a deep teal gem tone to add a pop of color to your neutral-heavy 9-to-5 wardrobe.
4. Silky shirt dress: JLaw wore her most casual press tour look for an appearance on Good Morning America, a look — minus the heels — that should be your new weekend uniform. Slip on a breezy shirt dress ($80) over warm ribbed tights and toss on booties for a laid back, yet totally put together look.
5. Longline blazer: The latest trend in #GIRLBOSS style is the longline blazer, a ’90s throwback that when styled today — over a scoop neck mini dress or a tee and faux leather joggers, gives the entire look a commanding edge. As always, you’ll get the most mileage out of a black longline blazer ($57) that can easily transition from the boardroom to the bar.
6. Black and white: Jennifer’s sporting a classic color combination in an extremely elegant way for her Late Night With David Letterman interview, and her black and white ensemble is great inspo for how to wear the two hues in the upcoming year. Forget intricate color blocking or thick stripes. Look for a B+W dress ($80) with simple panel for a chic twist on the twosome.
7. High-low hem: If anyone could bring the high-low hem trend back — on the red carpet no less – it’d be JLaw, dressed in Dior at the London Mockingjay — Part 1 premier. Channel the effortless elegance of her silhouette with a dress ($148) featuring a hem that scoops only slightly. This frock — cut above the knee and in bright red — is a shoe in for a winning office holiday party look.
8. Slit up to there: At the film’s London premiere after party, Jennifer made jaws drop in a figure-hugging gown with a plunging neckline and high-rise slit, a silhouette that would make for an equally eye-catching entrance at your holiday after parties. Amp up the glam factor in a slip dress ($118) that has more going for it than just a slit up to there, like this number in a glitzy metallic finish. For a next-level accessory, toss on a faux fur shawl.
9. Wide-legged pants: If you want to stand out from the crowd this holiday season, do as Jennifer does and trade in a dress for wide legged trousers. The flowy pants keep the look formal, yet provide a lot of wiggle room for styling. If you pick up a white wide-legged pair ($30) keep it classy with a matching all-white blazer à la JLaw, or rev it up in a sequined crop top.
Which of Jennifer’s Mockingjay — Part 1 press tour looks are your favorite? Any that you’ll be taking off of the red carpet for yourself? Tell us in the comments below.
(Images via Elle)