Changing up your hair can be terrifying. We still have nightmares about an ombre gone wrong… not to mention that horrible mushroom cut incident circa age six… moving on! If you want to fearlessly shake things up this summer, opt for the hottest haircut in town: the long bob — also known as “the lob.” This chic style is made for the gal that wants to try shorter hair without the serious commitment to the drastic bob. The lob length ranges from right under your chin to just past your collarbone, which is determined by your face shape. To inspire you to make the cut, we’ve rounded up 13 of our favorite celebrity lobs. Just pin your favorite looks and take them straight to the salon. You can thank us later.
1. Vanessa Hudgens: This boho babe’s lob is perfect for ladies with texture in their hair. If you’re prone to frizz, tackle it with a quick DIY.
2. Kate Mara: Kate’s striking style is a modern spin on last summer’s hipster ombre look, except her version is a little less Coachella and a little more work appropriate. Don’t worry; you can still wear your flower crown on your way to work.
3. Alexa Chung: We couldn’t do a celebrity lob roundup without including “it” girl Alexa Chung. Her iconic hairdo basically started this whole lob craze, so we’re giving her major props.
4. Karlie Kloss: Karlie was one of the first to board the lob train, and we can totally see why. A cut like hers would look great on girls with angular jawlines or high cheekbones (jealous). But if you don’t have those standout features, you can always fool ’em with some bronzer contouring!
6. Jennifer Aniston: For the leading lady who coined the classic “Rachel” haircut, the lob isn’t too far off. It looks fantastic on Jennifer because it gives us a good dose of nostalgia, reminding us of how badly we NEED that Friends reunion.
7. Olivia Palermo: NYC socialite and ultimate cool girl, Olivia Palermo, should be crowned queen of the lob. Her beautiful balayage coloring is also to dye for. Get it?
9. Jennifer Lawrence: Before she got her pixie, JLaw sported a perfectly feathered lob. This cut looks both effortless and sexy on an actress that prides herself on being a tomboy.
10. Elizabeth Olsen: Here’s proof that the lob can be versatile. We recommend investing in a two-inch curler to get these big beachy waves.
12. Gwyneth Paltrow: This actress/lifestyle guru/entrepreneur/healthy eater/blogger/mommy — you get the picture — rocks one of our favorite lobs in Hollywood. Gwynie’s middle part and voluminous style may take a lot of upkeep, but it sure is spectacular.
13. Giuliana Rancic: Proving that brunettes might have more fun, Giuliana Rancic pulls off the ultimate shoulder length lob. If you have finer hair, skip the product and go right for the cut.
Which celebrity is inspiring you to make the cut? Comment below!