Lovin’ Lobs: 13 Celebs That’ll Inspire You to Chop It Off
Changing up your hair can be terrifying. We still have nightmares about an ombre gone wrong… not to mention that horrible mushroom cut incident circa age six… moving on! If you want to fearlessly shake things up this summer, opt for the hottest haircut in town: the long bob — also known as “the lob.” This chic style is made for the gal that wants to try shorter hair without the serious commitment to the drastic bob. The lob length ranges from right under your chin to just past your collarbone, which is determined by your face shape. To inspire you to make the cut, we’ve rounded up 13 of our favorite celebrity lobs. Just pin your favorite looks and take them straight to the salon. You can thank us later.
1. Vanessa Hudgens: This boho babe’s lob is perfect for ladies with texture in their hair. If you’re prone to frizz, tackle it with a quick DIY.
2. Kate Mara: Kate’s striking style is a modern spin on last summer’s hipster ombre look, except her version is a little less Coachella and a little more work appropriate. Don’t worry; you can still wear your flower crown on your way to work.
3. Alexa Chung: We couldn’t do a celebrity lob roundup without including “it” girl Alexa Chung. Her iconic hairdo basically started this whole lob craze, so we’re giving her major props.
4. Karlie Kloss: Karlie was one of the first to board the lob train, and we can totally see why. A cut like hers would look great on girls with angular jawlines or high cheekbones (jealous). But if you don’t have those standout features, you can always fool ’em with some bronzer contouring!
6. Jennifer Aniston: For the leading lady who coined the classic “Rachel” haircut, the lob isn’t too far off. It looks fantastic on Jennifer because it gives us a good dose of nostalgia, reminding us of how badly we NEED that Friends reunion.
7. Olivia Palermo: NYC socialite and ultimate cool girl, Olivia Palermo, should be crowned queen of the lob. Her beautiful balayage coloring is also to dye for. Get it?
9. Jennifer Lawrence: Before she got her pixie, JLaw sported a perfectly feathered lob. This cut looks both effortless and sexy on an actress that prides herself on being a tomboy.
10. Elizabeth Olsen: Here’s proof that the lob can be versatile. We recommend investing in a two-inch curler to get these big beachy waves.
12. Gwyneth Paltrow: This actress/lifestyle guru/entrepreneur/healthy eater/blogger/mommy — you get the picture — rocks one of our favorite lobs in Hollywood. Gwynie’s middle part and voluminous style may take a lot of upkeep, but it sure is spectacular.
13. Giuliana Rancic: Proving that brunettes might have more fun, Giuliana Rancic pulls off the ultimate shoulder length lob. If you have finer hair, skip the product and go right for the cut.
Which celebrity is inspiring you to make the cut? Comment below!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.