11 Swoon-Worthy Jewel Tone Hair Colors
Whether you’re teetering on the edge of your first drastic color or you’ve already taken the plunge and got some Jem-approved locks, there’s no denying that nature-defying hair colors are definitely having their moment. From mermaid ‘dos to rainbow hairstyles, gals everywhere are upping the anti when it comes to coloring their hair. But we’re looking to take things one step further! You can give your colored hair a dramatic flair with some sultry jewel tones that are sure to make pastels a thing of the past (or at least provide an alternative for brunettes seeking some unreal color). If you’re looking to bring on some serious shimmer or want a ruby red shade that’ll give Jessica Rabbit a run for her money, scroll through these 11 jewel-tone hairstyles to find the *perf* color for your next enviable look.
1. Fuchsia: Don’t be afraid to think pink. Give your striking hair a girlish flair with some dark and smoldering fuchsia locks.
2. Teal: Embrace that beach-ready look with an ethereal mermaid ‘do. You’ll be hitting the beach with a color that mirrors the deepest depths of the ocean.
3. Emerald: May babes, this IS your color. Rock a hue that reps your birth month with hair inspired by your birthstone and look fab while doing so.
4. Purple Balayage: Not quite ready to take on some full-on color? Test the waters with balayage highlights! It’s a look that seamlessly blends with your natural color, and it’s great for transitioning your roots.
5. Sapphire: Wear your denim ‘do on the darker side with some cold and mysterious sapphire locks. Simply concentrate the jewel-tone coloring closer to your roots for a multi-dimensional ombre style.
6. Strawberry: Give your hair a warmer touch with this fruity-inspired ruby tone. This deep strawberry shade almost looks good enough to eat!
7. Sapphire + Emerald: Don’t limit yourself to just one shade. Mix and match jewel tones, like sapphire and emerald, to give your hair a shimmering aesthetic.
8. Amethyst: It’s time to go above and beyond that fresh summer cut. Pair your short and sweet ‘do with a warm purple shade for a cool rocker edge.
9. Magenta: You can turn less into more with an eye-catching shade. Just make your cropped ‘do the focal point of your look by bringing a super saturated color to your ultra-short style.
10. Deep Teal: If you are looking to give your hair a retro appeal, pair a classic ’90s blunt cut with those ’00s dyed tips. This look is *perf* for lazy gals seeking a color that requires minimal touch-ups.
11. Magenta + Periwinkle: You’re the girl who’s *always* on-trend. Turn your hair into eye candy with a shade inspired by this year’s Pantone colors.
Which jewel tone colors are you dying to try? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.