We’re always on the lookout for creative and unique wedding inspiration. And last weekend, Kimye gave us just that. Who woulda thunk so many DIY ideas would come from the pairing of these two? Not us, but we have to admit we love Kim and Kanye’s matching “Just Married” leather jackets. We’re over the car banner idea, too so just like our new favorite Martha Stewarts, we found 17 innovative ways to declare yourselves recently hitched.
1. Kimye’s Custom BLK DNM Leather Jackets: Channel your inner Kimye and sport some coordinating “Just Married” leather jackets. You can even buy their exact jacket, and add your own embellishment! Or if you’re a gazillionaire, you can get Wes Lang to design yours, too. (via The Fashionisto)
2. Vertical Proclamation Banner: Apologies for the poor image quality, but we just couldn’t ignore this idea. Turn the traditional horizontal “Just Married” banner on its end with this vertical handheld version, perfect for a whimsical wedding. We’d love to march in our own wedding parade, led by this banner. (via Martha Stewart Weddings)
5. Ski Lift Getaway: We love new takes on the reception exit, and this ski lift version also makes a perfect photo op. Take advantage of what your locale has to offer even if it seems unconventional… like riding a ski lift in summertime. (via Elizabeth Anne Designs)
8. Just Married Life Preserver: Continue the nautical theme by stamping “Just Married” across a life preserver instead of a banner. Plus, if you’re hosting a floating reception, this detail doubles as centerpiece and safety requirement. (via Ruffled)
9. Just Married Tandem Bike: Make your getaway on a two person wheeler sporting the sign. The environment will thank you, and you won’t have to worry about all that wedding cake you ate. (via Fotografica)
10. Flatware + Engraved Place Setting: Dress up your table settings with a custom plate and stamped cutlery, perfect for photo ops and keepsakes. Bonus points if you cut and eat the cake off of it. (via Wed Society)
11. Ribbon Cake Topper: Maybe you and your partner aren’t so into lace. Maybe you like the idea of a “Just Married” banner but aren’t planning a big exit. This understated cake topper is just the ticket. (via Style Me Pretty)
12. DIY Favor Bags: Score this free printable and make sure your guests remember the epic event they attended the next day. Also, this site uses donuts as the favor. We want to go to that wedding. (via Style Me Pretty)
15. Do Not Disturb Door Hanger: Take this on your honeymoon and keep housekeeping out as long as you’d like. Maybe you can even carry it around with you so you can remain cocooned in wedded bliss always. Bow chicka wow wow. (via Etsy)
17. Hand Painted Just Married Converse: We’ve all seen those flip flops that imprint “Just Married” on the sand when you walk? Well we like these better, both for the honeymoon and for under the wedding dress. Ain’t nobody got time for sore feet at the reception. (via Etsy)
What else can you imprint your new status on? What celeb wedding had you thinking: Hey. I can DIY that!?