While you were throwing shrimps on the barbe and rubbing lotion on your besties’ backs, our national treasures Kim Kardashian and Kanye West were getting hitched in Florence. WHAT?! Yes, it really happened! And you missed it! It will be the hot topic today as you and your coworkers stumble in to work off your MDW hangovers. We don’t want you to be lost, so here are 10 conversation starters so you can remain in the loop around the watercooler.
1. OMG! Which of Kim’s dresses was your fave? Girl can’t go wrong in Balmain! Of course there were notable costume changes throughout the weekend, so make sure you have the stats so you can talk shop(ping). At the pre-party, Kim wore a white dress with a plunging neckline while Kanye wore a tan suit.
There aren’t a ton of ceremony pix yet, but People got the exclusive first look at her Givenchy Couture gown. At the party, Kim sported a shorter, beaded number that is similar to her Balmain bachelorette party dress.
2. Wasn’t it sweet that Bruce walked Kim down the aisle — and that North was “flower girl”? Despite their split, Bruce and Kris Jenner played major roles in the wedding. Kris carried granddaughter North down the aisle before Bruce walked stepdaughter Kim.
3. Can you believe Bey and Jay were no-shows? Ye’s BFF and Kim’s dream BFF sat this one out and partied in the Hamptons instead. But Beyonce DID post an Instagram wishing the couple “a lifetime of unconditional love.” Bonus points if you bring up the fact that designer Rachel Roy was in attendance and connect it all to the Solange Elevator conspiracies.
4. Khloe makes me feel way better about not having a plus one to every wedding I have coming up! The recently single Kardashian left rumored BF, rapper French Montana at home and partied with her family and friends instead. And girl, looked GOOD! She posted the above pic to Instagram with a “happily ever after” message for her sis and new brother-in-law.
5. Kimye’s wedding photobooth really could have used more props. The couple asked guests to keep phones at home, but they made up for the lack of personal snaps with a photobooth (that guests posted Instagrams of soon after the fête!).
6. It was really bold of Kim to go for the pre-wedding cut. Truly bold. No extensions or Rapunzel locks for the KUWTK star this walk down the aisle. Instead, Kim visited her hair stylist Philip Wolff before going abroad to get “soft, textured layers.” It was a good call, and possibly why her cheekbones looked gorgeous and razor sharp in every pic from the event!
7. John Legend and Chrissy Teigen really proved they were “Made for Love” at Kim and Kanye’s wedding, huh?! The gorgeous couple was there (John to sing, too) and posted some really adorable pictures. That is all.
8. Do you think Harry Styles regrets breaking up with Kendall pre-wedding? Khloe wasn’t the only Kardash sister flying solo — Kendall Jenner was also without a plus one while little sis Kylie had a date! Rumored boyfriend Jaden Smith was there… wearing a white Batman outfit. Yup.
9. Think Kanye will be available to plan my wedding? The artist can now add “wedding planner to the stars” to his already impressive resume. Or maybe “Groomzilla.” Rumor has it that Kanye took over the wedding planning reins, cutting Kim off from the duties. From a surprise Lana Del Rey set at the pre-party to $100,000 worth of floral arrangements (including another wall of flowers!) and more performances from Andrea Bocelli and John Legened, it sounds like the wedding of our literal dreams.
10. Weren’t Lena Dunham’s Tweets HIL-arious?! No, the Girls creator wasn’t at the wedding, but she did Tweet funny things about it and your coworkers and tuned in friends will know about this, so read up.
Phew! There you have it… you’re welcome, folks! So how was YOUR weekend? Go to any weddings? Share below ;)