Kate Middleton’s Go-To Look for Summer 2017 Is the LWD
Kate Middleton has proven that her style only gets better as time goes on — and this summer, we’ve been noticing the Duchess of Cambridge has definitely been dressing to a theme (and no, it’s not sailor pants). Rather, the royal has been wearing a lot of white!
1. Arrival at Warsaw, Poland: Middleton is known for making literal sartorial choices; she typically wears designs by someone from the country she’s visiting, or at the very least the colors of the country. When the Royal Family arrived in Poland, she wore a white Alexandar McQueen coat dress, and Princess Charlotte wore a red and white frock. (Poland’s colors are red and white). (Photo via Arthur Edwards/WPA Pool/Getty)
2. Queen’s Party: She later changed into a dress by Polish designer Gosia Baczyńska for a party in honor of Queen Elizabeth. Baczyńska said in an Instagram post, “It is an honor and privilege that Duchess of Cambridge Kate has worn our custom made cocktail [sic] dress.” Looks like she got off on the right foot!
3. Wimbledon Final: Middleton attended the famous tennis tournament in a pretty floral dress by Catherine Walker, twinning with her sister Pippa. (Photo via Karwai Tang/Getty)
4. Wimbledon Day One: In a move that was equal parts retro and fashion-forward, the Duchess wore a black and white polka dot dress by Dolce & Gabbana to celebrate Wimbledon’s opening day. (Photo via Gareth Fuller/WPA Pool/Getty)
5. Royal Ascot: Take the Kentucky Derby, multiply its fanciness factor by 10, and you’ve got the Royal Ascot. Middleton stunned yet again in a white lace dress by — you guessed it — Alexander McQueen. The dress is strikingly similar to the one she wore to the Royal Ascot last year. (Photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
6. Tea Party Ready: Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s mommy looked stunning in a cream-colored See by Chloé Lacy Jersey Long Sleeve Dress ($460) while hosting a tea party for the little kiddies at the palace in May. (Photo via Andrew Parsons/WPA Pool/Getty)
7. Poland Tour: Most recently, the Duchess opted for a graphic floral printed white two-piece look by Erdem as she toured the Solidarity Monument in Poland. (Photo via Chris Jackson/WPA Pool/Getty)
We’re sure there isn’t a color the Duchess can’t wear, but for right now we’re loving this white streak.
What do you think of Kate Middleton’s outfits? Tell us @BritandCo!
(Feature photo via Chris Jackson/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)