The Easter Bunny is coming. And you know what that means? Easter baskets, gifts for Easter baskets, egg decorating ideas galore, cute li’l kiddos running around and lots and lots of CANDY. Since your little one will be getting tons of sweets on the Easter egg hunt, you’re probably not too keen to put loads more in their baskets. So, what makes for the ultimate Easter basket? Stuffed singing bunnies are cliche, and anything shaped like a carrot is probably chocolate or filled with it. It’s time to start thinking outside the box — err, basket. Here are 16 ideas to give your kiddies the best Easter basket. Ever.
1. DIY Floral Bubble Wands: Let there be bubbles! Whether you buy or DIY your bubble solution, these Easter-basket-worthy bubble wands will be a big hit. (via Skip To My Lou)
2. Minty Jump Rope ($13): Encourage those little feet to get outside and exercise with this springy, mint-colored jump rope.
3. DIY Musical Instruments: You know that April brings showers. Give them an indoor activity with these bright DIY instruments. (via Hello Bee)
4. Kid’s Hand Tool Set ($14): Need some help getting your garden up to snuff? Gift these tools and those little fingers will be eager to jump in.
6. Temporary Tattoos ($15): Have you been wracking your brain over your tween’s Easter basket? These temporary tatts solve that problem.
7. DIY Finger Puppets: What does the fox say? These felted forest friends will make the best storytime ever, that’s what. (via Handmade Charlotte)
8. Tangram Puzzle ($15): You know what they say — a puzzle is worth a thousand words. Get their minds ticking with these fun animal tangrams.
9. Easter Cake Pops: You’ll want to make enough of these adorable cake pops for yourself. (via Oh Sweet Day)
10. DIY Peeps Onesie: This sparkly, peep-y onesie is perfect for all the pictures you’ll be snapping of your little one’s first Easter. (via Sugar Bee Crafts)
11. Sweet Heart Stencil Tote Bag Kit ($25): Spend Easter Sunday doing a little DIY with your little ones with a sweet gift like this!
12. DIY Confetti-Filled Eggs: You can put candy in these, or not. We truly believe that confetti is just as fun. (via A Subtle Revelry)
13. DIY Playdough: All little fingers love making Playdough snakes and pizzas. Your toddler will absolutely adore this Easter basket filler. (via Modern Parents Messy Kids)
14. Crocheted Wooden Bead Teether ($24): If you’ve got a teether on your hands, including one of these handy rings in their Easter basket will certainly make brunch a more pleasant experience.
15. DIY Bunny Ears: Get ready to Insta the most adorable pics of your minis wearing these bunny ears. (via The Merrythought)
16. Chocolate Confetti Eggs: They’ll feel jilted if you don’t include something chocolate. So why not make it a DIY like this one? (via Brit + Co)
17. Kid’s Bow Tie ($16): Include a new little bow tie for the cutest Easter pictures.
18. DIY Flower Crown: If the boys get bow ties, it’s only appropriate that the girls get flower crowns. They’ll practically be begging you to take their picture. (via Wonder Forest)