The classic Easter dinner of ham or lamb, mashed potatoes, and rolls is delicious, sure, but these days most people have at least one friend or family member with a special dietary need. But even if your mom only eats Paleo desserts and your best friend is a raw food fanatic, you can still makeover the traditional Easter meal to suit everyone’s needs. It’s all about balancing the standards with some new recipes. These 13 Easter recipes for picky eaters will make planning your menu that much easier.
2. Mint Chimichurri Lamb Chops: Mint adds an extra-fresh flavor to the chimichurri in this recipe. Paired with juicy grilled lamb chops, it makes for a tasty low-carb, gluten-free, and Paleo entree. (via Garlic & Zest)
3. Sausage, Cheese, and Potato Egg Casserole: It can be hard to come up with gluten-free breakfast ideas, but this one does the trick. Best of all, it feeds a crowd, perfect for when you have family in town for Easter. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
4. Vegan Deviled Eggs: Vegans and those with egg allergies miss out on a lot of the Easter food fun, but not this year. These vegan deviled eggs will WOW your guests while satisfying their taste buds. (via Planticize)
5. Vegan Brown Rice Crispy Treats: These egg-shaped treats are deceptively easy to make (and allergy friendly too!). Vegan marshmallows and brown rice cereal make this a vegan and gluten-free recipe that kids and adults will love. (via Begin Within Nutrition)
6. Gluten-Free Carrot Cake: Easter is the time of year for carrot cake, and everyone can enjoy a slice of this recipe. It’s made gluten-free thanks to rice flour and tapioca starch, but the texture is still divine. (via Gluten-Free With LB)
7. Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Cauliflower Potatoes: We all could use more hands-off recipes. Made in the slow cooker, this Paleo mashed cauliflower is a side dish everyone will enjoy. (via Wicked Spatula)
8. Baked Egg and Sweet Potato Nests: Spiralized sweet potato makes a pretty nest for eggs in this recipe. Just pop the skillet in the oven and you’ll have a Paleo and gluten-free breakfast on hand in no time. (via Bowl of Delicious)
9. Raw Vegan Carrot Cake: Dessert, it turns out, can be pretty healthy. This raw, vegan carrot cake is made with a healthy, grain-free blend of veggies, nuts, fruit, and spices for a sweet treat that’s packed full of nutrients. (via Nirvana Cakery)
11. Vegan Sweet Potato Lentil Shepherd’s Pie: It can be hard to find vegan entrees that will fill your guests up, but this shepherd’s pie hits the mark. It’s topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potato, perfectly balancing the savory lentil filling. (via The Full Helping)
12. Vegan Easter Bunny Dinner Breadsticks: Easter is the best time of year to play with your food. From painting eggs to making these vegan bunny breadsticks, it’s a fun holiday to be in the kitchen. (via Plated Cravings)
13. Vegetarian Asparagus Tart: An asparagus tart is an elegant vegetarian entree that uses one of the best spring vegetables. The recipe has instructions for making it vegan too. (via Autumn and Spring)
For more recipe ideas for all dietary needs, follow us on Pinterest.