9 Fun Subscription Boxes to Keep Your Kids Entertained
You’re all about subscription boxes. They’re how you eat, where you get your makeup from, and sometimes even your preferred mode for choosing date-night lingerie. Even though the adult-oriented subscription box landscape is jam-packed, kid-focused versions are starting to take on their own fair share of the market. From cute outfits for your kiddo to a revolving parade of different toys each month, these subscription boxes for the pint-sized set are worth checking out.
1. Kidbox (from $58/box): Your toddler hates shopping for clothes with you… and that’s an understatement. Kidbox takes the whine factor out of buying outfits for your kiddo. All you need to do is take a style quiz (if your child is old enough, they can take it with your help), wait for your box of clothes, pick the best bits, return what you don’t want, and pay for only the items that you keep. They also donate a new outfit to a child in need for every box that you keep and pay for. The curated boxes come in sizes for newborns through age 14 and feature brands such as Puma, Diesel, Reebok, Lucky Brand, Adidas, and DKNY.
2. Yumble (from $7/meal): Going to the grocery store and cooking from scratch is not your idea of fun. You’d rather spend time with your kids than sweat over a hot stove. This subscription service makes meal-planning a snap. Choose from Yumble’s menu, give them your child’s meal preferences, wait for your box, heat it up, and… bon appetit!
3. Pley (from $13/month): “Mooooommmm, I have to have this toy!” You’ve heard that about five zillion times by now. So you buy the toy and your little one is in love — for now. Fast-forward a week (or maybe even a day), and your child couldn’t care less. They’ve moved on and are so over that boring ol’ toy. Here’s where Pley comes in. You can rent (yes, rent) some of the top toys that your child just has to have. They get to play with them, then send them back. Wait for the next box, and you’re good to go.
4. Bitsbox (from $20/month): Coding is cool, and your child knows it. This fantastically fab subscription box helps to teach your little learner all about programming basics, giving them new inspiration every month. Your child can get a constantly changing box of activities such as “Coordinated and Simple Commands” or “Variables and Action Commands.” This service is designed for children ages 6-12 years.
5. Little Loving Hands (from $20/month): Your creative kid needs a crafty outlet, and here it is delivered to your door. Each month you get a new craft delivered to your doorstep. But this isn’t your regular craft project that the kids create and then toss into a dark corner of the junk drawer. After crafting up a storm, you send the finished product back, and the whole thing is donated to someone in need.
6. Dream Delivered (from $29/month): It’s never too early to start exploring possible careers. Most likely, your kiddo already does this every time they play dress-up. Now they can continue their career quest with this subscription box service. Each kit is focused on a different career, helping your little one get hands-on with potential future jobs. Bonus: Every time you buy a box, another one goes to a child in an area where there aren’t educational or extracurricular opportunities.
7. Bookroo (from $16/month): Curated books that are perfect for your preschooler? Awesome. This subscription service puts together boxes for kids ages 0-2 and 2-6. Just choose whether you want board books or picture books, pick your subscription time (1, 3, 6, or 12 months), and wait for the box to arrive.
8. My Pretend Place (from $56/box): Unpack the keys to your child’s imagination from this subscription box. If your child is totally into pretend play, this is for them. Themes include everything from firefighters to safaris, giving your child the chance to dress up and act out their most creative dreams.
9. Universal Yums (from $14/box): Sometimes the kids just need a treat. Instead of the same old, same old, this subscription service brings them a world of snacks, pretty literally. Universal Yums is exactly as the name sounds — yummy goodies from around the globe. Get your culture on, and expose your kids to different countries as they feast on these super-snacks.
Do you have a favorite subscription box service? Share your rec with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Getty)