You’ve already thought of that beyond-awesome, worldly name for your kid. Now how do you help them live up to the coolness factor you’ve set for them with said name? It’s all about that style. And lucky for us (and the kiddos), fashion knows no age. Kids’ fashion is growing faster than those little ones, and it’s now becoming easier to dress your mini me in appropriately stylish ways. Whether you’re more of a budget-friendly parent or a knows-no-budget statement-maker, we’ve found 13 designers (with a huge adult following) and their adorably cool kids’ lines you’ll love. Now if only they made everything below in grown-up sizes…
1. Lily Pulitzer Girls ($38-$98): Her affordable Target line flew off the shelves because, let’s face it, everyone loves a bright and cheery outfit. This Queen of Beachwear isn’t just making for adults anymore. She’s taken her floral patterns into kids territory with colorful dresses, cover-ups, swimsuits and so much more. You’ll want one of everything for your trendy little one.
2. Little Marc Jacobs ($48-$176): Marc has been in the adult fashion game since 1984, and we love everything he does. Especially when it come to his kid’s line, appropriately dubbed Little Marc Jacobs. Cute rompers for babies, graphic tees for tots and fun geometric dresses — these are some stylish threads!
3. Oscar de la Renta Childrenswear ($35-$295): As the master of elegant beauty, Oscar knows how to make every girl feel like a pretty (and stylish) princess. From full dresses to chic shorts, the style in his kids’ line isn’t in short supply. Oh, and let’s not forget about the boys. Structured polo shirts and bright khakis are the name of this designer’s game.
4. Missoni Girls ($105-$700): When you see a Missoni piece, you just know. This high-end Italian fashion powerhouse is all about the patterns and color, which obviously makes us very happy. The girls’ collection features colorful piece after colorful piece, offering everything from headbands to leggings in all kinds of funky patterns. What’s not to love?
5. Stella McCartney ($40-$305): Only the daughter of a former Beatle could make a line that’s music to our ears. Stella started her own fashion label in 2001 and has branched into perfume, sportswear and then *finally* kidswear in 2010. Her spring collection is all about retro throwback prints and is definitely the cool kid on the block.
6. Billabong ($8-$70): Calling all beach-loving, laid-back families. This affordable brand is all about comfort and style with that California vibe. Now your kids can surf through life looking super cool in an assortment of graphic tanks, tees, dresses and swimsuits.
7. Dolce & Gabbana ($70-$1,875): This Italian luxury brand is worn by the most famous of famous celebrities and adored all over the world. But style definitely comes at a cost for this kids’ line. Prices start at $70 and leap all the way to almost $2K. But if money is no object, then by all means go for it. You can’t put a price on looking stylish, right?
8. Milly Minis ($65-$245): Michelle Smith, the designer and brains behind Milly, uses the best kind of inspiration for her kids’ line: her daughter, Sophia. It’s a bold, playful collection for your bold and playful little one. Just one look at all the fun, bright patterns and you’ll wish you were a kid again.
9. Ralph Lauren ($12-$145): Ralph rocks the polo shirt like nobody’s business, and the same can be said about his line for kids. Preppy and playful mixed with fresh patterns of camo- and Americana-inspired designs, this collection is just the thing your little one needs in their closet.
10. Chloé ($36-$793): If your little tot is a free spirit that’ll more than likely grow up to be a boho babe, this line has her name written all over it. From the French fashion house that has had the likes of Karl Lagerfeld design for them, these crisp-yet-flowy pieces speak for themselves. Plus you can start dressing your mini at birth in these adorable clothes, because yes, they have newborn items.
11. Stuart Weitzman ($26-$79): Our sole mate, Stuart Weitzman, can touch our feet any day. His amazing line of shoes for kiddos is filled with pretty much everything we would wear, but in an adorably small size (sans the heel, of course). From gladiator sandals to wedges to ballet flats and even crib shoes, these duds will have your little one developing a shoe addiction at an early age.
12. Kate Spade ($18-$188): After her successful kids collaboration with Gap, it’s no surprise Kate expanded the line on a more permanent basis *Insert squeal here*. Cute sunglass-printed rompers, statement tees, glittery purses and classic headbands… everything in this line is bright and classically cool, just like your kid.
13. Kardashian Kids ($5-$40): Whatever your thoughts may be about the Kardashian clan (or should we say klan), they’ve created an adorable kids’ line that’s available at Babies “R” Us, and the price point is pretty much perfect. Featuring clothes for boys and girls, every detail in this line has been carefully thought out, leaving your kiddo with comfy, stylish clothes that don’t make your bank account want to cry.
Which line are you eyeing for you kiddo? Did we miss any great designers? Tell us in the comments below.