12 Picture Purr-fect Cat Eyes
While we still have a minute to reminisce about the best beauty comebacks of 2013, we’ll revel in the delight of the cat eye, that edgy yet elegant flick of upper eye liner that recalls the easy glamour of the ’60s. It’s safe to say that with decades in between its initial popularity and this very moment, beauty mavens have been able to update the look to something that feels very now. If you’re planning on rocking the look into the new year, check out these 12 modern cat eyes that are picture purr-fect.
1. Quick and Easy Cat Eye: Here’s the way to wear this look everyday: you’ll need to grab black shadow, a dampened angled eye liner brush, and a tube of matching liquid eye liner to highlight the angled flick. (via Camille Styles)
2. Cat Eye Stamp: Beauty hack! This method of application guarantees that you’ll never screw up the cat eye again! Just cut a pencil eraser at a sharp angle and once it’s saturated with liquid eye liner, stamp it onto your lids. Genius! (via xo Vain)
3. The Peacock Eye: Add serious glam to your cat eye with sparkly white highlights and a dramatic blue lid that will leave you looking as pretty as a peacock. This look was made for ladies with monolid eyes, though any gal with a taste for the dramatic should try. (via Refinery29)
4. Teal Liquid Liner Cat Eye: We love this look that lets you stick with your basic feline flick, but pushes it to a much more colorful place. This teal color is to die for, though at the moment we’d try it in a lilac or other purple shade. (via Keiko Lynn)
5. 4 Cat Eye DIYs for Your Eye Shape: These tutorials help you perfect the elusive symmetry of the cat eye while showing you how to personalize the look to compliment your eye type. So no matter if your eyes are almond-shaped or round, you’ll find a way to master the flick every time. (via Refinery29)
7. Bottom Liner Cat Eye: Show your bottom lash some love with this low-sweeping cat eye. We love how this look elongates the eye with a flick at the inner corner as well as the dramatic lower liner. (via Makeup & Beauty Blog)
8. The Coloured Cat Eye: This smokey eye-cat eye combo is unmistakably modern thanks to the base layer of rust colored shadow. It’s a softer version of the traditional bold cat eye that we’ll definitely embrace in 2014. (via Refinery29)
9. Tape Cat Eye: Here’s another fabulous cat eye hack that will floor you: use office tape get a perfect edge for your cat eye. The result is a dreamy airbrushed effect that may look less cartoon-y in a softer shadow shade like brown or silver. (via Beautylish)
10. Punk Cat Eye: If you’re gonna go for a punk rock look, who better to emulate than the vicious vixen Debbie Harry? Keep the look modern by pairing this bold eye with neutral cheeks and lips. (via Refinery29)
12. Glitter Cat Eye: If you’re searching for last-minute NYE makeup inspo, then look no further: this double winged cat eye is everything. We’d even rock it sans sparkles the following day! Two looks in one tutorial? Happy New Year indeed! (via Babble)
Was the cat eye your favorite makeup look of 2013? What other beauty trends did you love? What trends are you looking forward to in the new year? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.