11 Knotted Ponytail Hairstyles That Look Chic When You Just Can’t Even
Lazy girls, rejoice, because messy hair just got a major upgrade! Woke-up-like-this bedhead is remixed for fall thanks to a slew of effortless knotted ponytails that range from low-slung and laid-back to high and tight. This simple style takes your go-to style to new levels via crisscrossed strands that are wrapped around the base of your pony. We’ve already shown you the ease and romance of the knotted wedding updo, but why not channel those devil-may-care vibes during the day? Here are 11 knotted ponytails that define haute hair.
1. Ponytail Twist: This nontraditional pony features a makeshift knot made out of… itself. Sweep your long hair back and out of the way, then wrap outer strands around the base of your pony and pin everything into place. The end result is oh-so chic. (Photo via Cup of Jo)
2. Sleek Knotted Low Pony: This stick-straight, slicked-back pony is totally on trend thanks to its minimalist appeal and subtle detailing. Crisscross your strands before securing them in a pigtail at the nape of your neck, then wrap your hair around the base of your pony, covering the hair tie. (Photo via Emilio Tini)
3. Low Pony Knotted Twist: This look begins like a regular low pony but then takes a distinctly fashion-forward detour. Choosing two strands from the underside of your hair, wrap them around the base of your ponytail to form a simple, braid-like twist. It’s a super easy detail that will have you looking instantly polished.
4. Messy Single-Knotted Low Pony: Since messy hair is the order of the day (and is a total cool-girl staple to boot), switch up smoothed-down strands for this lived-in look. The low-key, high-impact style is so chic, you can expect to see us rockin’ it on the reg. (Photo via LA Cool & Chic)
5. Double Knot Ponytail: You don’t have to be at the beach to rock this creative double knotted ponytail — it’ll slay from the boardroom to the boardwalk. Practice makes perfect, so spend a few minutes learning this easy DIY and rock it to every upcoming event on your calendar. (Photo via Hair Romance)
6. Knotted Ombre Pony: It’s worth mentioning that the knotted pony looks dope AF on a ‘do that’s dyed ombre. The pop of color begins right at the base of the pony and makes for a two-toned hairstyle perfect for any trendsetter. (Photo via Pinterest user Goop)
7. HighKnotted Pony: A high ponytail with a trendy knot is a fun and flirty variation of this season’s ultra-hot hairstyle. This original twist is a welcome distraction from all the low ponies we’ve been seeing (and loving). (Photo via Pier Marco Tacca/Getty)
8. Two-Minute Pony: The side ponytail is a tried-and-true favorite of all our Instababes with enviable hair game. With a sophisticated knot and curled ends, this fashion gal has pulled off a polished, knotted side pony FTW. (Photo via Say Yes)
9. Messy Knotted Ponytail: In our wildest bohemian dreams, we never even imagined the OTT-chic look of this long, wrapped and triple-knotted ponytail. Use two sections of your hair to delicately wind down the length of your tresses to create this romantic style that’s decidedly fairy-tale-approved. (Photo via The Beauty Department)
10. Festival-Ready Knotted Ponytail: It takes super-long hair to pull off this ornate look, but we’re dying to see a multi-knot twist go down IRL. The intricate plaits and twisty-turns play up the glam factor in this pony that would make Rapunzel jealous. (Photo via A Beautiful Mess)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by KRISTIN ESS HAIR • FOUNDER (@kristin_ess) on
11. Ponybun: Celebrate your style in ultimate lazy-girl fashion. This super easy look is so simple, you can be out of bed and on your way to your nine-to-five in a few minutes flat.
Which of these knotted ponytails was your favorite? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)