Since the average American woman wears sizes 16 to 18 and the plus-size clothing industry is a $20 billion dollar market opportunity, you’d think there’d be more high-fashion options for curvy women. Luckily for us, some retailers have heard the cry. Yesterday, Lane Bryant launched its latest collaboration with womenswear designer Prabal Gurung.
The designer shared the news on his Instagram by posting a pic of himself with Lane Bryant’s spokesmodel Ashley Graham. “I no longer wanted to treat [plus sizes] like a second thought,” he wrote in the caption. “I pretty much sat down with Lane Bryant and said, ‘If I’m going to do it, that’s all-important to me.’ On a personal level, I know what it feels like to grow up and not find someone who looks like you, who you can identify with, in pop culture. It takes a lot of courage, conviction, integrity, knowledge, and experience to be finally comfortable with yourself, and I want to shorten that process for people, like my young nieces.”
Keep reading to see our favorite picks from the collaboration, which is available in sizes 10 through 28, priced from $38 to $398.
1. Floral Circle Skirt ($108): Florals for spring actually aren’t a cliché when they’re worn on a skirt this good. Plus, you can pair it with a button-up blouse to dress it up for work or a cropped tank to dress it down for the weekend.
2. Cropped Sailor Pant ($88): Cropped pants are super on-trend for spring. This updated take on the nautical look will surely have all eyes on you. Wear this look with heels, flats, OR boots.
3. Leather Jacket ($398): If you don’t have a leather jacket in your closet yet, Gurung has you covered. It’s a staple that never goes out of style. Not pictured: The lace-up detail on the back that gives this leather jacket a flirty but fun vibe.
4. Wide-Leg Jumpsuit ($138): Yes to everything about this jumpsuit! Wide-legged is the silhouette that seriously looks good on just about anyone. Plus, the best thing about jumpsuits is that you don’t have to struggle to match top and bottoms. Talk about lazy-girl chic.
5. Trench Coat ($198): Another must-have closet staple is the trench. Gurung’s stylish spin on this classic trench coat will have people showering you with compliments.
Which item is your favorite? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Lane Bryant)