10 Books That Will Make Great Last-Minute Gifts
Are you procrastinating on your holiday shopping (like every year)? No worries, we have your bad holiday habits covered. From mesmerizing thrillers to juicy memoirs from Hollywood’s finest, these 10 books are sure to satisfy every reader on your holiday list — oh, and the quick online order isn’t bad either.
1. Size Matters by Cathryn Novak ($16): For the foodie in your life, this touching culinary romance has their name on it. John Frederick’s monster appetite (and attitude) chases away every personal chef that comes into his life — except for fresh-out-of-culinary-school Lexie Alexander. The young enthusiastic chef captures his appetite and heart, but will their connection be destroyed before it has a chance to bloom?
2. Doubt by C.E. Tobisman ($16): A rookie Los Angeles lawyer finds herself in the crosshairs of a case that could destroy her life — and the nation — forever. Who is the bad guy? A giant pro-GMO biotechnology company that is making bank on the deaths of thousands. For the adrenaline junkie in your life, do them a favor by sneaking this read into their stocking.
3. The Magic of Memoir by Brooke Warner and Linda Joy Myers ($18): For the aspiring writer in your life, gift them with a priceless dose of inspiration from 38 successful memoirists. From golden writing tips to uplifting wisdom on never giving up, these biographical superstars will fuel the next writing venture for the wordsmith on your list.
4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling ($25): Muggle or not, everyone on your holiday list will find the magic in J.K. Rowling’s latest literary gift to the world. The original screenplay is just as mesmerizing as the film release that we wept from joy through one (or four) times this fall.
5. The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer ($28): For the person on your list who is still debating if Bella should have chosen Edward or Jacob, distract them from their woes with the vampire queen’s latest release, The Chemist. This thriller trails an ex-government agent as she guards the nation’s darkest secrets to protect her life and the country’s future from a catastrophic fate. Don’t worry; there is a love story involved.
6. Doug the Pug by Leslie Mosier ($17): For the animal lover on your list, feed their souls by introducing them to the star that has over six million fans on social media: Doug, the pug. The internet’s favorite dog takes us on his wildest adventures so far, and trust us, no furry-friend-loving person will be able to put this book down.
7. Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham ($28): Remember that day after Thanksgiving that you dedicated to watching the Gilmore Girls reboot, and it wasn’t enough? Well, feed your coffee-loving hearts with Lauren Graham’s new memoir, where she spills everything on her rise to Hollywood fame and the wonderful behind-the-scenes look into filming our FSF (favorite show forever).
8. Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks ($27): We all have those friends who love to cry too much, and this one is for them. The master of romance delivers a poignant new fictional escape that follows the life of newly single dad Russell Green as he navigates the ropes of solo parenthood and learns to love in new ways he didn’t know possible.
9. In the Company of Women by Grace Bonney ($35): For the ambitious women on your list who bring unwavering passion to their life and careers daily, this is their new star coffee table book. Over 100 creative entrepreneurs share their professional wisdom for creating the business and lifestyle of their dreams. The girlboss in your life won’t be able to put this one down — we guarantee it.
10. Sally’s Baking Addiction by Sally McKenney ($23): What’s better than one scrumptiously lush dessert recipe? Dozens upon dozens of crumbly and delicious desserts that you can whip up with no hassle and no time. The internet’s favorite baking blogger delivers the best event to happen for sweet tooths since the invention of the cookie itself. It’s that good.
What books are you gifting this year? Share them with us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)