Maybe it’s not your favorite chore, but with these 12 smart projects, we’re confident you can make laundry quicker, simpler, and a LOT more fun. So get your DIY on and refresh your space, and you’ll be reaping the rewards the next time you throw in a load of whites (or darks, or colors, or… ).
1. DIY Dryer Sheet Dispenser: This 2-minute dispenser DIY not only keeps your laundry room looking clean and coordinated, it makes one-handed sheet dispensing a snap. (via Sugar & Cloth)
2. Laundry Machine Decals: Vinyl is versatile, easy to apply, and even better, fully removable. Use it to give your washer a preppy makeover and smile every time you see it. (And check out the so. useful. delicates warning in the tutorial!) (via Sarah Hearts)
3. DIY Drying Rack: Tired of wrestling with the fold-out metal version that’s been collapsing on you since college? Make this pretty space-saving version and thank us later. (via The House of Wood)
4. Laundry Room Printables: Bring a little order to your space with these simple printable labels. (via Boxwood Avenue)
5. DIY Wool Dryer Balls: Who needs dryer sheets when you’ve got these homemade eco-friendly yarn balls. Add essential oils for an even sweeter-scented result that you can use again and again. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Color Dipped Laundry Basket: Revive an old basket or a thrift store find with a fresh coat of paint. Choose your favorite color to make it completely personal — or to designate which basket belongs to which family member. (via Lovely Indeed)
7. DIY Lost Socks Sign: Freeing Dobby is a noble goal, but pairing up your socks is probably more economical. With this DIY board, you’ll never wonder about the other sock ever again. (via Salty Canary)
8. DIY Ironing Board Cover Pattern: Bring new life to your old board with a fresh and modern cover, and you’ll be all the more likely to tackle that ironing pile. And using a nice plush batting means seamless pressing. (via Oleander + Palm)
9. DIY Pineapple Laundry Basket: It’s amazing what a little paint can do! Here, it transforms a blah wicker hamper into a tropical treat — a tropical treat that will keep all your unmentionables under wraps. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Diamond Trinket Dish: There’s *always* change, little treasures, and receipts in your pockets. Use this fun dish to wrangle all your trinkets and keep ’em dry! (via Maritza Lisa)
Show us your laundry hacks and DIYs by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!