Lauren Conrad Just Dropped a Dreamy Maternity Collection for Summer
Lauren Conrad’s empire just keeps growing. Not only is the 31-year-old expanding her family (she’s expecting a little boy!), but she’s also extending her fashion line… again. Just last week, the Conrad debuted her first swimwear collection, and now, she’s sharing her easy pregnancy style with the world with a brand new maternity line.
According to The Hills alum, Lauren Conrad LC Maternity was a result of her own struggles to keep up her personal aesthetic while pregnant. “I wanted to maintain my everyday style, but I had trouble finding the types of pieces available in maternity collections,” she told People.
Luckily, Conrad is a designer, so she created a way for other pregnant women to do just that. “I wanted to cater towards our existing customer who just [so] happens to have a new shape, but still wants to dress in line with her style that she has had for years,” she said.
For LC, that meant lots of dresses (“I basically lived in dresses”) and things with a shape other than “tent.” “I definitely wanted things that were more cinched or more bodycon because I found that I felt best in pieces that gave me a shape as opposed to more tent-like pieces.” Check out some of our picks below!
2. Smocked Off-the-Shoulder Top ($48): Off-the-shoulder isn’t just for frocks: Try it in a top with this smocked, bell-sleeved number over a pair of comfy leggings (Conrad sells some specifically for pregnant women, FYI) or your favorite pair of maternity jeans.
3. Eyelet Lace-Up Top ($48): Light and breezy for summer, this after-Memorial Day white eyelet top is almost too sweet.
4. Pleated Fit and Flare Dress ($64): This dusty rose dress with an elastic neckline has an extra pretty surprise with a bow tie and an open-back.
5. Pleated Top ($36): Available in 11 colors/prints, the top provides a stylish alternative to a basic tee.
6. Cold-Shoulder Pleated Dress ($64): The floral sundress gets a modern update with an open-shoulder and ruffled neckline complete with a tie-back.
What do you think of LC’s maternity looks? Tell us over @BritandCo.
(Photos via Joshua Blanchard/Getty + Kohl’s)