12 of the Hottest Off-the-Shoulder Styles to Try
Off-the-shoulder tops, dresses and rompers have officially hit the street-chic scene, and we’re pretty pumped about it. Whether you’re enjoying summer in the city or you’re working that 9-to-5 grind, an effortless shoulder-baring number is exactly what the doctor ordered. Seriously, just take your pick — there’s bound to be an option that jives with your personal style. Cool down with one of these 12 off-the-shoulder silhouettes today.
1. Off-the-Shoulder Abstract-Printed Romper ($180): We want! When dresses become overly restrictive, allow rompers to lead the way. This rad abstract-printed option with barely-there-shoulders is practically made for all of your weekend shenanigans.
2. Bright Floral Cold Shoulder Sundress ($26): Consider yourself unstoppable in this music festival-bound sundress boasting a punchy floral print. The bohemian silhouette and cold shoulder style will pair perfectly with a fringe crossbody bag and flower crown.
3. Cold Shoulder Chiffon Dress With Flutter Sleeves ($50): Check out this can’t-miss shade of seafoam and draping sleeves. Every girl needs a shoulder-less dress this versatile and FUN in her arsenal.
4. Tropical Off-the-Shoulder Skater Co-Ord Set ($35): Three words: Crop that top. Be prepared to get matchy-matchy with this flirty two-piece set covered in an oh-so-appropriate palm leaf print.
5. Bisous Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($165): When eyelets and lace become old hat, an off-the-shoulder style is refreshingly simple + chic. This minimalist windowpane number is an unexpected but much-appreciated spin on the traditional LWD.
6. ’70s Floral Dress With Cold Shoulder ($68): Put your bonafide cool-girl status front and center by slipping into a dress that is *almost* as nonchalant as your free-spirited ways. For the ultimate look, throw on some Birks — you know you want to.
7. Classic LBD With Off-the-Shoulder Straps ($165): This is not your traditional LBD. Be it a summer soiree or a Laguna Beach-inspired black-and-white party, this sultry frock demands attention.
8. Sunny Floral Print Off-the-Shoulder Dress ($105): Who needs Lilly when you can have a retro floral print reminiscent of Mad Men? Give this sunny dress a spin around town for a polished look that will take you from Sunday brunch to an evening on the veranda.
9. Pink Floral Lace Off-the-Shoulder Top ($72): Emulate all of the top fashion bloggers by opting for this Insta-worthy off-the-shoulder lace top. Versatility reigns supreme, as you can pair it with white culottes, high-waisted denim shorts or even an accordion pleat skirt. As long as you’re wearing your go-to sunnies, you’re #winning.
10. Emily & Fin Dapne Off-Shoulder-Dress ($73): When you find the quintessential off-the-shoulder dress, it’s okay to wear it to ALL of your summer functions. The conservative length and old-school glamour appeal makes this option a winner on all fronts.
11. White Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress ($158): Channel your inner Egyptian goddess with this stunning floor-length maxi made of breathable cotton twill. From the darling sleeves to the effortless drawstring waist, it’s safe to say that we’re smitten. Now all that’s missing is a pair of gold gladiator sandals.
12. Color Block Dress With Ruffles ($218): Va-va-voom! This color block dress screams “let’s go salsa dancing.” For a fun night on the town, be sure to give this flirty style a twirl.
Will you be sporting an off-the-shoulder look this summer? Tell us in the comments below!