As if we weren’t geeked enough to see LC reuniting with all her old Laguna Beach pals for Dieter Shmitz’s recent nuptials, she had us chomping at the bit last week with the announcement of a pop-up shop in Glendale for the release of her new LC Lauren Conrad Runway Collection for Kohl’s.
Now, the collection is here in all its glory, and let us just say: It was WELL worth the wait. Less sugary sweet than, say, this summer’s Alice in Wonderland collection, LC’s new runway styles have more than an air of old Hollywood glamour in a sultry mix of plush velvet, slinky silks and lace in hushed tones as well as deep, romantic hues. It’s a far more grown-up look for LC on the heels of her former Disney collections, and it’s definitely working for her. See for yourself with 10 of our favorite pieces from the collection below, available at Kohl’s!
1. Lace Midi Dress ($80): With its lace wine overlay, tulle trim and chiffon sash, this midi dress is the epitome of gothic romance.
2. Ruffle Blouse ($50) + Wide-Leg Velvet Pants ($60): LC pairs two of fall’s hottest NYFW looks — velvet and ruffles — together to create this sophisticated two-piece, complete with a French-girl style floral tie.
3. Ruffle Romper ($70): Also distinctly on-trend for fall with its sheer bell sleeves, this black jumper is far from your basic romper. Throw on a pair of heels and some dangling earrings for instant elegance.
4. Embellished Maxi Dress ($80): This breathtaking dusty mauve gown could easily be from another time period entirely with its floor-skimming length and apron lay back. Elegant details such as the keyhole back, floral applique and ribbon sash only add to its charm.
5. Velvet Vest ($60) + Tiered Shift Dress ($68): While a crushed velvet blazer is to be expected (and is, indeed, a part of the collection), we love this fun spin on the look in vest form, which can be thrown on to snazz up anything from a dress, like this tiered ruffled style, to a long-sleeve tee.
6. Ruffle Halter Top ($40) + Floral Crop Wide-Leg Pants ($54): Everything about this look screams “femininity,” from the soft draped shape and muted hue of the ruffled top, to the floral print of the breathable pants that pair perfectly together for a girly masterpiece.
7. Satin Full-Length Gown ($64): Quite possibly our favorite look from the line, this full-length satin gown seems far more luxe than its $64 price tag — in fact, if it’s not the exact same super-chic gown that had us crushing on LC at Dieter’s wedding (which we naturally assumed was couture), it’s a GREAT knockoff.
8. High-Low Ruffle Maxi Dress ($80): The drama and intrigue of this high-low stunner reminds us of an elegant flamenco dancer, ready to take the floor at a moment’s notice.
9. Satin Romper ($70): Welp, we just found our go-to look of the holiday season: LC’s satin romper with empire waistband and gored detailing is a dressy no-brainer for the gal on the go.
10. Faux Fur Coat ($150): The piece de resistance of the collection is LC’s animal-friendly faux-fur topper to instantly lend a touch of glam to any of the looks in the collection (or in your closet). A touch of pink makes it uber feminine, and a hook-and-eye closure allows you to wear it open for a luxe look or bundle up on chillier nights.
What’s your favorite piece from the new collection? Share with us over @BritandCo!
(Photos via Kohl’s, Jamie McCarthy + Bryan Steffy/Getty)