Morning Buzz! Lauren Graham Just Dropped Some News That Gilmore Girl Fans Will LOVE + More
Happy Tuesday morning, all! From even MORE good Gilmore news to a major flashback for ’90s kids, here are six of today’s buzziest news items for you!
1. Lauren Graham announced that she’s writing a new book! You may know that Lauren is previously a best-selling novelist, but this time, she’s penning a collection of essays called — get ready for this —Talking As Fast As I Can. Any Stars Hollow fans know that that’s just too perfect! She also mayyyybe sorta announced the release date of the GG reboot, telling Ellen that the book and the show would be out at the same time, and according to the publisher’s website, that date is November 29. Mark it down!
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on
2. Kim and Kanye are too adorable on their two-year anniversary. Kim and Kanye celebrated two years of wedded bliss back in the place where they tied the knot in the first place — Italy. “Happy 2 year anniversary to the love of my life! You make me so happy! I love you so much!!!” Kim captioned a photo of her gazing lovingly at Ye. The pair spent the week attending the Opera in very, very expensive looking clothing, and naturally Kim accessorized that with a literal blinding diamond. “My ring shined so bright for our love in Rome,” Kim captioned the pic of the pair on the red carpet where, indeed, that ring is catching some MAJOR glare. Congrats to the happy couple!
View this post on Instagram
For a long time I felt like King was going to be an only child. That he was my greatest blessing and we were gonna live happily ever after together Just the 2 of us, I was no longer looking for love because I thought I had all that I needed. We needed. But look at God ! Here I am Engaged to be married to one of the greatest men I know who loves King & I unconditionally AND having another bundle of joy! I just want to say Never give up & ALWAYS have faith because fairytales DO come True #LookAtOurLittleNugget #KingsGoingToBeABigBrother
A post shared by Blac Chyna (@blacchyna) on
3. Haters gonna hate, but Blac Chyna’s message to fiancé Rob Kardashian is incredibly sweet. Blac shared an ultrasound of the couples’ first child together on Instagram, and whatever your level of interest (or disinterest) in this… interesting pair, the caption will surely give you some warm fuzzies. “For a long time I felt like King was going to be an only child. That he was my greatest blessing and we were gonna live happily ever after together just the 2 of us, I was no longer looking for love because I thought I had all that I needed. We needed,” Blac wrote. “But look at God! Here I am engaged to be married to one of the greatest men I know who loves King & I unconditionally AND having another bundle of joy! I just want to say Never give up & ALWAYS have faith because fairytales DO come True #LookAtOurLittleNugget #KingsGoingToBeABigBrother.”
The Girl Meets World opening sequence for Season 3 is practically an exact replica of the one from Boy Meets World's later season and it is adorable.
Posted by BuzzFeed Entertainment on Monday, May 23, 2016
4. ’90s kids, take a seat — Girl Meets World has recreated the classic Boy Meets World title sequence. The spinoff of the classic ’90s teen comedy starts its third season in June, and it has some verrrrry familiar new opening credits! Take a look above and be transported back to a simpler time…
5. This video of a little girl spinning out of control on a hoverboard is everything. “That’s the one thing that you should not do!” is how this video opens, and it perfectly sets the tone for what quickly unfolds. Eventually the girl operating the camera tries to help her friend out of the hoverboard vortex, but it’s too late — and the ending just kills us.
6. Quote of the day: “People tend to focus on the stereotype instead of the person, and this series will give viewers a unique opportunity to spend time with real people who are struggling with the same challenges we all face as we make our way through the world.” Whoopi Goldberg on the transgender modelling showStrut she’ll be producing for Oxygen.
Have you tried a hoverboard? How’d that go? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @thelaurengraham)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)