19 Stylish Ways to Upgrade Your Porch
Summertime means lots and lots of outdoor chill sessions are coming our way. One of our fave places to hang after work or on the weekends is our beloved porch. It's the perfect place to wind down or have an impromptu Friday night outdoor dinner (we're thinking mac and cheese). If you're like us and your outdoor space is in need of a little sprucing up after the last year, we've got just what you need. Get the cocktails ready and scroll through for some of our favorite accessories that will make you fall in love with your porch (or patio) again.
2. Hammock ($140): This cheerful fringe hammock comes in two different colors to fit your style. Lay back, grab a drink and a book, and get ready to feel like you're on a tropical vacay.
4. Tablecloth ($20): Just because you're having a dinner for one doesn't mean you can't dress things up. This tablecloth is sure to keep things fancy, even if you're still in yesterday's sweatpants.
5. Doormat ($13): Don't forget a doormat so you won't accidentally dirty your floors every time you come back from walking the dog. You can't go wrong with flowers.
6. String Lights ($68): These dainty string lights are sure to twinkle and dazzle as you sit cozily on your porch.
7. Throw Pillows ($68): Throw pillows are another way to add color and comfort to your porch. Choose one or many!
8. Swing Chair ($300): This chair is supported by a large steel bracket, meaning it's a stable choice for daily use. Plus we love the rattan-weave structures. We could definitely sit in this little nook and read for hours and hours.
10. Macrame Hanging Planter ($28): Whether housing an herb garden or colorful succulents, these planters will add both style and greenery to your porch.
11. DIY Bar Cart: Give old furniture new life by adding a coat of paint and using it as an outdoor piece. In this case, an old TV stand was turned into a stylish bar cart for all of those late-night porch cocktails. (via The Chronicles of Home)
12. Garden in a Can Kit ($25): No green thumb is required to cultivate your own tiny garden when you have these easy-peasy can gardens. Plants include from mint, cilantro, and basil.
13. Square Tray Top Table ($120): Add a little minimalist function with this industrial end table. It's made with durable materials and will last through quite a few years of holding drinks, food or whatever else you decide to store on the surface.
14. Acrylic Beverage Dispenser ($40): You won't go thirsty with this outdoor-friendly acrylic beverage dispenser.
15. Concha Capiz Lantern ($48-$78): Switch out your string of lights for these mermaid lanterns that will look stylish both during the day and when lit up at night.
16. Waterfall Stemless Wine Glasses ($56 for 4): These acrylic glasses are perfect for serving cocktails outdoors.
17. SantaFe Rug ($116): Rather than dealing with the upkeep of staining or painting your porch, use a bright patterned rug to add a pop of color to the space.
18. Copper Drink Tub ($90): Keep this copper tub on hand and store the essentials on ice so you can get an ice-cold water or beer without getting up from your seat.
What are some of your favorite porch essentials? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.This piece has been updated from a previous post.