18 Ways to Mix a Cactus into Your Home Decor
Lately, we’ve been pushing aside our usual succulent varieties for their pretty, prickly friends: cacti. From Lena Dunham’s famed pants to our 2015 Decor Trend Report, cactus-everything is officially a THING. While those not-so-sharp succulents will always have a place in our hearts (and pots), cacti offer that Southwest-chic vibe we are totally digging right now. From prints to pillows and textiles, these cacti decor finds are on trend and on point. Scroll down for some ideas to bring that chic desert decor home.
2. DIY Cactus Ring Holder: You’d never guess that this DIY is made with cheap plastic toys. Whip a few up for yourself and your besties so you can have matching BFF ring holders. (via Vitamini Handmade)
3. Cactus Wallpaper ($329): We wouldn’t mind having this watercolor cactus wallpaper plastered over every wall in our house. Too much for you? Pick up a similar print like this one ($26) from Lulu & Georgia instead.
5. Cacti Pillow ($20): If you are not so into the pastel + cactus trend, you can easily rest your head on this black cactus-print pillow.
8. Cacti Wall Decal Set ($40): When in doubt, decal it out. Available in a wide range of colors, these decals will work with just about any decor or color scheme.
10. Stamped Pillow ($30+): While this would be a simple DIY, the pastel pink and green cactus print on this modern, desert-inspired pillow is the bee’s knees.
11. Geometric Cactus Planter ($25): Tiny little cacti make for the most adorable planters. Pick up a few of these in different colors for a bright + bold vignette.
12. Little Cactus Candles ($39): Too. Cute. These little candles would make a great cake topper or decor on your mantel.
13. Cactus Pic + Washi Tape: Sometimes all you need is a real-life picture to up your gallery wall game. Make sure to have a contrasting backdrop for a unique photo that is truly a work of art. (via Sticky9)
14. Cactus Tea Towel ($16): Simple, minimalist and rustic, this tea towel would be the perfect addition to your kitchen arsenal.
18. Cacti Planter: Why stick to one tiny cactus when you can have a dozen (or more!) in one colorful pot? Be sure to pick lots of different cacti for variety in both color and dimension. (via From Etzer With Love)
Are you cactus-crazed? Which of these decor ideas are you loving? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)