11 Products to Help Your Makeup Last All Day
We’ve all been there: We head into the bathroom midday only to glance in the mirror to see that our makeup has gone completely MIA over the past few hours. To avoid this embarrassing issue, taking the correct precautions is a must. Prepping your makeup with a primer and following it with a setting powder, and even a spray, will ensure that your glam stays put through sweat, oil, and excessive touching. See some of our go-tos below.
1. Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray SPF 50 ($38): For a matte finish that’s never flat, this makeup setting mist is a no-brainer. After you apply this formula, you’ll be left with highly protected skin (thanks to SPF 50), a reduced appearance of lines and wrinkles, and makeup that isn’t going anywhere.
2. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Oil-Free Skin Perfecting Serum ($35): Apply this oil-free primer-serum hybrid before makeup, and you’ll appreciate the ultra-smooth canvas you’re left with.
3. Yves Saint Laurent Top Secrets Glow Perfecting Makeup Setting Spray ($34): For a model-worthy luminous glow no matter how matte your makeup is, look no further than this YSL pick. Spray from a few inches away and let the mist set your makeup for a hydrated AF, long-wearing finish.
4. Bobbi Brown Primer Plus Mattifier ($38): Oily-skinned gals, rejoice! This new Bobbi Brown primer will keep foundation looking smooth and fresh all day long while simultaneously absorbing excess oil and reducing the appearance of pores.
5. Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder ($34): Anyone who swears by the Urban Decay setting sprays will swoon over this brand-new powder that has essentially the same effect — except now it helps keep your makeup safe from water. It’s lightweight and never cakey, and it makes skin look healthy for up to 11 hours.
6. Hourglass Veil Translucent Setting Powder ($46): Formulated with light-reflecting particles, imperfections will be blurred at the first swipe of this long-wearing setting powder. You’ll also love the innovative sifter that allows for the perfect amount to be dispensed each time it’s used.
7. Beauty BioScience The Perfector 4-in-1 Skin Perfecting Silk + Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($75): The girl on the go will truly appreciate the convenience of having a product that perfects, protects, primes, and blurs all at once. Apply the auto-adjusting tinted cream before your makeup for a flawless-looking complexion that may make you want to ditch foundation altogether.
8. Model’s Own One Night Stand 2 in 1 Prime & Set Spray ($8): No matter what your skin type, more hydration is always welcome. This multi-tasking spray contains rose water to either prime the skin in prep for foundation or to set it for an all-day slay.
9. Marc Jacobs Finish Line Perfecting Coconut Setting Powder ($44): This creamy setting powder instantly blurs, perfects, and hydrates thanks to its key ingredients: coconut and cocoa butter. You’ll be left with a soft-matte finish that will have you in awe of how great your skin still looks eight hours later.
10. Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder ($38): A powder that feels like water? Yes, it exists. It’s actually formulated with 50 percent water and glycerin to create a non-powdery finish on the skin. The light-reflecting particles will have skin looking like an Instagram filter from desk to drinks.
11. Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Ultra-Smoothing Primer ($15): Pores are no match for this smoothing primer that has been one of Sephora’s top sellers for years. This silk-like liquid glides onto skin filling in pores so that foundation can rest comfortably on top of the skin for a picture-perfect mug for hours to come.
Tweet us your favorite long-wearing makeup products @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.