Remember when we were kids and it took everything in us NOT to get our clothes dirty?! Well, not anymore. Spring style is all about paint-splattered clothing that makes it totally cool to spill some color on your clothes! These DIY paint-splattered boyfriend jeans are bold and painterly a là Jackson Pollock. Just add a few brushstrokes, paint specks, and splatters to boring ol’ jeans to create your own masterpiece.
Materials and Tools:
1. On a work surface that you can get messy on, lay out your boyfriend jeans.
2. Next, load a paintbrush with white paint and paint on your jeans lightly as a base coat. Let this dry.
3. Play around by layering paint colors with splatters and brushstrokes. We did orange brushstrokes, green paint splatters, pink specks, and some black paint for depth.
4. To create splatters, load up your brush with paint and tap your finger firmly against the brush handle. Again, let the paint dry before adding more colors. Use a variety of paintbrush sizes for a fun, authentic look.
5. Keep going until you’re happy with how it looks. Let the paint dry completely before wearing or throwing it in the wash.
Shake off the winter blues and embrace spring colors with this painterly style trend!
For more style and DIY inspiration, remember to follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.