19 Styles That Prove Paint Splattering Is Spring’s Most Creative Trend
February blahs, come at us! In the midst of outrageous fishnet tights and the rise (or shall we say return) of ‘80s fashion, paint-splattered clothing and accessories (with a few bleach spots thrown in) are officially making the rounds. We’ve spotted one too many brush-stroke denim jackets and sweatshirts splashed with graffiti to be able to let this micro-trend fly under our radar. Keep scrolling for 19 statement pieces that will have you channel your inner Jackson Pollock or Robert Rauschenberg.
1. J.Crew Michael De Feo for J.Crew Striped T-Shirt With Painted Flowers ($50): Graffiti artist Michael De Feo lends his signature floral brushstrokes to this nautical striped tee that calls to mind an afternoon spent at the Musée d’Orsay.
2. Mariana Guerrero Who the F Is Felicia Denim Jacket ($250): Is it just us or does this hand-painted denim jacket totally give off a don’t-mess-with-me-or-I’ll-mess-with-you back vibe? The bright blue fringe lining the sleeves won’t go unnoticed come festival season.
3. Holding Horses Painterly Buttondown ($118): If you told us you were an artist, then we’d believe you solely based upon the current status of your striped button-down. The painterly specks and slouchy fit are a perfect match for your beloved sun-washed chinos and backless mules.
5. Nasty Gal Matisse Graffiti Leather Boot ($198): A surefire way to add instant panache to every #OOTD? You’re looking at ‘em. These floral graffiti-covered leather mid-heel boots bring the Carrie Bradshaw charm minus the diva appeal.
8. Sundry Paint Splash Sweatshirt ($211): We’re all about anything-but-basic basics that make the right first impression. This huggable gray pullover featuring minimal paint splatters is just the thing for casual weekend errands or a quick sprint around the block.
9. Terez Womens Paint Party Tag Mesh Sports Bra ($55): Werk it. Inject extra oomph into your next workout with this painterly sports bra that will make every sweat sesh that much more empowering.
10. ASOS Acid Wash Fanny Pack With Paint Splash ($23): A bold splash of color pushes this denim acid wash fanny pack into slay-worthy territory. Opt for casual streetwear basics — namely, a slouchy tee, ripped jeans and high-top kicks — for a getup that allows you to kick it both on and off-duty.
11. Urban Renewal Recycled Bleached German Work Shirt ($79): It’s all about personal flair, baby. Swap out your chambray button-down for this paint splattered work shirt that would do any artist in residency proud.
12. Vans Paint Splatter Sk8-Hi Reissue ($75): Snatch ‘em up while you still can — these limited edition paint splatter Vans were designed for the sk8ter girl in all of us. Just think how fly you’ll look attempting a kickflip at the skate park or hanging out with the bros?
13. Front Row Shop Nude Sweatshirt With Paint Splash Print ($62): Who would’ve thought that this trend could translate to such chic pieces? All that’s missing is a leather mini and heavy-duty stompers for an alternative look.
14. Urban Renewal Recycled Levis Bleached Jean ($89): Your everyday Levis just got a makeover. Besides the perfectly broken-in fit, the bleached wash lends just the right amount of cool-girl edge. Cue the DGAF vibes with a slogan tee and Chuck Taylors.
16. Zara Graffiti Sweatshirt ($70): ‘90s babes, unite! This army green graffiti sweatshirt flaunting a DIY aesthetic will make you look (and feel) like a total punk.
17. Free People Animal Print Leather Belt ($38): Totally unexpected, but we’ll take it. This western-inspired belt featuring prismatic paint splatters looks best dialed down with some high-waisted light wash jeans and cowgirl boots (what else?!).
18. Topshop Moto Paint Splatter Skirt ($65): We love the ‘90s and we la-la-love this paint splatter denim moto skirt even more. All it takes is a slouchy sweatshirt, an extra high pony-tail and white tennies for a retro look with RN appeal.
19. Mariana Guerrero Vintage Painted Denim Pants ($250): Channel peace, love and good vibes with these vintage mom jeans that straight-up slay. The rad patches and artful paint splatters won’t be flying under the radar at an upcoming women’s rights march. We promise you that.