As proud beauty enthusiasts, we can’t help but click on the pics of top professional makeup artists, who fill our feeds with behind-the-scenes content including editorial inspo, tips, and product recommendations. Read on for our absolute must-follow makeup artists on Instagram.
1. Nikki Wolff, London-based makeup artist & International Makeup Artist Global Makeup Ambassador for Becca Cosmetics
What to Expect: Product recommendations to achieve that enviable summer glow, step-by-step tutorials and, of course, her adorable British accent
2. Jackie Aina, Los Angeles-based YouTube makeup artist
What to Expect: Hilarious (and we mean gut-bustingly funny) rants, unboxing of new — sometimes not yet released — beauty products, her favorite inclusive makeup products for all skin tones, and entertaining clips of her tormenting her equally-as-funny boyfriend
3. Jordan Liberty, Los Angeles-based makeup artist/photographer
What to Expect: Crazy-good unboxings from the top makeup labels, behind-the-scenes access, humorous thoughts on beauty trends, fun makeup shots that work for daytime and editorial
4. Danessa Myricks, makeup artist/photographer/owner of Danessa Myricks Beauty
What to Expect: Behind-the-scenes vids of her work with top models and the product development process for her line
5. Merton Muaremi, Australian makeup artist
What to Expect: A peek at editorial shoots from a pro’s perspective, snaps of industry parties, reviews of new beauty products that you’ll be “adding to cart,” and a slew of statement eye makeup ideas
6. Nam Vo, makeup artist for influencers like Aimee Song and self-professed “highlighter queen” of Instagram
What to Expect: Tutorials showing how she gives her “dewy dumplings” (as she calls her clients) glowy skin, product suggestions, nightly skincare routine tips, and makeup hacks
7. Jose Corella, Los Angeles-based makeup artist
What to Expect: Amusing day-to-day snaps of the life of a makeup artist, insider access to the coolest parties thrown by luxury beauty brands, reviews of his favorite products, and short tutorials to help you achieve a perfectly bronzed complexion
8. Desi Perkins, makeup artist and YouTube queen with over 3 million subscribers
What to Expect: Sneak peeks at her upcoming YouTube content, seriously relatable snaps of the life of a YouTuber with over 3.5 million Instagram followers, and lots of puppies!
9. Pat McGrath, Global Beauty Creative Design Director of Procter & Gamble, founder of Pat McGrath Labs
What to Expect: Exciting sneak peeks of Pat McGrath Labs products before they launch, professional inspiration, fun videos of some of the industry’s top names, and backstage fashion show coverage
10. Mai Quynh, celebrity makeup artist for stars including Chloe Grace Moretz, Alison Brie, and Aubrey Plaza
What to Expect: Details on her celebrity red carpet creations, a breakdown of her favorite skincare and makeup products, lots of travel inspo
11. Violette, Estée Lauder Global Beauty Director and French makeup artist
What to Expect: Inspiration on upcoming trends, a look into the Estée lab where she shows products as they are being created, loads of enviable French fashion inspo
Tweet us your favorite beauty Instagrammers @BritandCo!