Natural skincare products are big in the beauty world, and they’re only getting bigger. One trend that has just barely scratched the surface is the transformative power of marigolds. This potent flower, also known as calendula, has been used as an anti-inflammatory product for ages. Its unique brightening properties make it one green beauty trick we’ve got to give a try. We’re sharing 11 of the best uses for the flower below. Prepare to fall in love and find something new to stash beside your homemade baking soda scrub and apple cider vinegar rinse.
1. Peach and Lily Calendula Juicy Cream ($46): Made up of 48 percent calendula extract, this light moisturizer is gentle enough for use all over. Since it features ceramides and tamarind seed polysaccharide, it’ll keep your skin hydrated all day long.
2. Heavenly Roots Organic Herbal Facial Steam ($15): Treat tired and dull skin with this floral steam bath. After removing your makeup using your usual routine, hold your head over a bowl of the steaming mix of roses, marigolds and essential oils and revel in your newly softened skin.
3. Pacific + Birch Calendula Healing Balm ($10): Irritated skin will immediately be eased by this healing balm with 98 percent organic and fair-trade ingredients. Throw it in your bag and use whenever your skin seems bent out of shape.
4. Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture ($74): Smell nothing short of delicious with this classic Juicy Couture creation. Just dab on wrists and your decolletage for a long-lasting floral scent. Now both you and your house can smell scrumptious with ease.
5. Soap & Paper Factory Farmacie Moisturizing Hand Cream ($16): A good hand cream is a total must, especially in colder months. Quickly moisturize dry and cracked hands with help from this good-smelling pick-me-up.
7. Hanaflora Calendula Cuticle Oil ($8): Let your nails in on the marigold trend with this moisturizing, all-natural cuticle oil. It’s easy to apply and can even be used to soothe cracked hands and feet.
8. Jurlique Calendula Redness Rescue Essentials ($58): Remember those anti-inflammatory properties we mentioned? They come in handy with this treatment kit for ruddy skin. Restore, soothe and calm angry, red skin in just a few quick steps.
9. Body Tresse Beauty Argan + Marigold Conditioning Hair Oil ($14): Argan oil is already a hair staple, but when infused with marigold extracts, it becomes a perfect formula for brittle hair.
10. Natural Essentials MT Meme’s Marshmallow Marigold Cream ($8): This 100 percent natural cream can be used for pretty much anything your skin needs, from cracked heels to chapped lips. The super-thick formula is perfect for winter.
11. Ziaja Marigold Cleansing Milk ($13): Wash your skin gently and without stripping it of its natural oils by using this cleansing milk.
Which marigold-infused product are you going to try first? Let us know in the comments!