11 Messy Buns to Master for All Your Outdoor Adventures
Between hiking in the woods and chillin’ on the beach, there’s honestly nothing better than surrounding yourself with nature while soaking up the sunshine. But as the temps start to soar, we’re all desperate for ways to stay cool during the summer. That means saying sayonara to fussy ‘dos and and rocking an easy-breezy pretty messy hairstyle. Messy buns are *essential* in the plight to keep your strands from looking like a hot sweaty mess. From swoon-worthy low buns to next-level top knots, these gorgeously disheveled styles need to be on your radar. Here are 11 zero-effort messy buns to style for a summer spent in the great outdoors.
1. Ballerina Bun: Get back to basics with this super easy hair trick. Sport with a bare face, with maybe a pop of pink on the lips, for classic daytime vibes.
3. Low Bun: Wrangle your woke-up-like-this locks with this next-level chignon. Whether you’re biking on the boardwalk or picnicking in the park, this effortless, frizz-free style will class up your outdoor ensemble. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. The Halfsie: Short-haired girls, we didn’t forget about you! This messy bob is meant for lazy days spent on a picnic blanket. All it takes is an easy twist and a bit of volume at the roots. (via The Beauty Department)
6. The Double Knot Ponytail: After taking a dip in the water, keep your strands protected by double twisting them into a chic, knotted ‘do. Use a texturizing spray all over for the perfect beach-to-date look. (via Hair Romance)
7. Three Twisted Buns: For a rad new take on the low bun trend, replicate this twisted style. Pull your shorter strands out for an effortless ‘do you can rock while hiking the trail with bae. (via A Cup of Jo)
9. Cool-Girl Ballerina Bun: This hot-right-now bun is a great way to keep you sweat-free on hot days spent outside. Tease your hair for maximum volume, then wrap it into a chic bun and secure with hairspray. (via Byrdie)
11. Half Top Knot: Embrace the half-up trend the next time you head outdoors. Opt for a funky lip and bold accessories to keep those quirky vibes alive.
How do you style your hair for your summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.