8 Ways to Copy Mila Kunis’ Maternity Style
We’ve always loved Mila Kunis for her girl-next-door charm. From her first days in front of the camera gushing over all-things Lisa Frank (we were/still are there too!) to her bubbly disposition as gal-pal Jackie on That 70’s Show, Mila seems like she’s nailed the formula for keeping it real, and not just on-screen. The mom-to-be IRL has shown just how good being laid-back can look when you’re expecting with her casual-chic maternity outfits that prove you don’t always have to turn it up for your bump. And since we can’t remember the last time an A-lister gave us this much relatable style inspo, we’re showing you how you can (really!) copy Mila’s eight best no-fuss pregnancy looks, from the most chill take on red carpet glam we’ve ever seen to so-comfy outfits that make sweats in public look good.
1. Modern Graphics: Leave the stripes and polka dots for your newborn and rock a more modern pattern like the one on Mila’s structured top. We found a just-as-enchanting mirrored print on this collared swing dress ($48) that looks as comfy as it is cool (bonus points!).
3. Flowy Separates: Once you’ve sworn off skinny jeans but can’t fathom stepping out in sweats (we’ll try to change your mind about that later, though!) flowy separates should be your go-tos. Mila’s got a thing for black, but WE’VE got a thing for color — that’s why we’d pair a breezy scoop neck tank ($88) with a bright chevron color block maxi skirt ($31). Though we will copy Mila’s Jawbone UP ($149) verbatim.
4. Go Boho: Dainty lace looks lovely on moms-to-be — even when they rock them with cuffed cutoffs and a pair of Toms! We’d take the boho babe look off the festival grounds with this gorg lace panel tee ($52) you can wear to the office or out to brunch with the baby shower crew.
5. A Day-to-Night Dream: Hmm… maternity clothes, versatile? It can be true! The key is to pick a dress that can easily be madeover for any occasion, like this collared shirt dress ($238). Wear it with sandals and a sunny hat for your weekend BBQ, then dress it up in heels for date night. Looking good in an instant was never so easy!
6. Silky Tank Dress: There’s no easier toss-on-and-go dress than a slip dress ($23), especially since its signature silky sheen adds instant formality to the look. This is when you OWN the drapy look by rocking sky-high heels and a killer smokey eye.
7. The New T-Shirt and Jeans: The new All-American girl wears her jeans cuffed ($70) and her t-shirt sleeves ($25) below the elbow. Forgo any girly flair and swap out your statement necklace for a pair of ombre aviators ($15).
8. Cozy-Chic: Mila rules at cozy-chic style, and this is her most covetable rendition. Nab the very same Peace Love World sweatshirt ($98) — it’ll make it easy to look slick on days when comfort is all that matters.
So which of Mila’s looks is your fave? Moms-to-be — what wardrobe pieces do you consider “must-haves” for the same kind of totally effortless style? Which other celebs do you look to for maternity style inspo? Tell us in the comments below.
(Photos via US Weekly)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)