Romantic Mini-Honeymoon Vacation Ideas That Don’t Require a Passport
Taking a few days to chill out with your honey following the chaos of planning a wedding is *so* necessary. But sometimes an extravagant honeymoon right after the event isn’t in the cards (or the budget). Cue that glorious mini-moon getaway. Taking a short escape to de-stress and enjoy your new spouse status — with plans to go on that all-out vacay in the future — is perfect for a little post-nuptial decompression. We’ve already narrowed down the top stateside destinations for maximum mini-moon magic, so all you’ve gotta do is pick from these gems, book, and chill.
1. Nantucket, Massachusetts: When you think of an East Coast beach town, it doesn’t get more authentic than Nantucket Island. Located off the coast of Cape Cod, you can spend your lazy days cozied up with a novel, climbing the sand dunes, or wandering the cobblestone streets in search of a local coffee shop or high-end boutique. Breathe in that saltwater air as you watch the epic sunsets over Brant Point Lighthouse, or embark on a whale watching excursion. And really, what’s a romantic getaway without long walks on the beach?
2. Lake Tahoe, California: Straddling the state line between California and Nevada, this freshwater lake has it all. Adventurous couples can hit the slopes of the Sierra Nevada in the winter and enjoy endless water sports in the summer. And if you’re feelin’ lucky, you can hit the casino, and then spend your winnings on yummy noms at the fab restaurants.
3. San Antonio, Texas: It’s totally cool if you don’t remember the Alamo — there are plenty of other historic sites and fun things to do in this colonial town. Put on your cowboy boots and stroll down the miles-long River Walk, lined with cafes and shops that will have you stopping every few feet. And if heights don’t scare you, reserve a table at the revolving, overlook restaurant Tower of the Americas, and indulge in a decadent meal — because there are no more dress fittings in your future!
4. Moab, Utah: Breathtaking doesn’t even begin to describe the views you’ll witness while exploring the red rock landscape of Moab. Home to two national parks, this is the perfect destination for wilderness lovers. Spend a few nights under the stars by pitching a tent and putting that two-person sleeping bag you registered for to use. If roughing it isn’t your thing, spend your day scoping out the many local microbreweries and rest up at a luxe bed and breakfast.
5. Malibu, California: Nothing is more laid back than spending long days soaking up the Cali sunshine with your boo. Enjoy a romantic sunset on the Malibu Pier and try your hand at catching the waves at Surfrider Beach. If you can drag yourself away from the ocean, a hike through the canyons will fill your afternoon with luscious wildflowers and waterfalls.
6. Asheville, North Carolina: A quiet mountain-top haven will help you unplug and refresh after throwing the wedding of the year. Spend your days chasing waterfalls and hosting scenic picnics, and then return to your cozy cabin for a romantic fire for two.
7. Nashville, Tennessee: Revel in the neon lights and hear some tunes at legendary venues in Nash-vegas. The music and flashy culture will def take your mind off of any wedding chaos and give you a totally unique experience with your new spouse. Don’t forget to take a break to munch on some hot chicken and wash it down with a glass of sweet tea.
8. Sedona, Arizona: Equal parts rugged and resort-ish, Sedona attracts lovebirds from all over. You’ll spend hours getting lost in the beauty of Mother Nature while cashing in on some much-needed QT with each other.
9. Aspen, Colorado: Calling all snow bunnies! Start packing your cutest snow hat to complete your mountain babe look for this winter wonderland. The two of you can keep each other warm while you strap on some snow shoes, or cozy up for a little après ski in the hot tub. The endless stores and boutiques will give you a little retail therapy, and the amazing restaurants will make sure that you never go hungry.
Follow us on Pinterest for gorgeous ideas and all things wedding.