As much as you love hitting up the beach or lounging poolside in a choice bikini in the summertime, having proper protection for your skin is a must. But moisture-rich formulas can mean sticky application that take time to absorb. For persons of color, in particular, wearing an effective sunscreen may leave behind a weird, white sheen that is anything but #goals. The culprit is usually a mineral called titanium dioxide. Luckily, there are now plenty of options that will allow you to soak up the rays with SPF minus the tacky residue. Scroll on for moisturizing options that absorb well on all skin tones.
1. Bare Republic SPF 30 Clearscreen Sunscreen Gel ($13): This mineral sunscreen goes on transparent and delivers. Packed with kukui seed oil, which moisturizes and protects your skin from sun and sand, and baobab extract, which shields skin from UV rays and free radicals, this affordable option will keep you covered.
2. Kosé Sekkisei Sun Protect Gel SPF 50 Pa+++ ($58): This Japanese sunscreen can be a little challenging to track down in the States, but it absorbs in a snap and goes under makeup like a dream.
4. Extrashade Daily Defense Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 ($40): A water-resistant solution that will stay on even after you dive in with a wide range of skin tones in mind? Count us in. If you’re sensitive to perfumes, the Daily Defense Hydrating Sunscreen Lotion is also fragrance-free.
5. Dermalogica SPF 50 Solar Defense Booster ($55): This cult-favorite protects against harmful UVA and UVB rays and also contains vitamins C and E to heal damaged skin.
6. Black Girl Sunscreen SPF 30 ($19): Made with natural ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, and avocado, this moisturizing sunscreen goes on extra sheer. Conveniently, it also comes in a travel-friendly three-ounce bottle.
7. L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition Face Oil with SPF 30 ($11): If face oils are your jam, you’re gonna love this buy. It goes on non-greasy as it nourishes your complexion, so you can score the perfect glow.
8. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 70 ($9): This drugstore option features SPF 70 and is water resistant for up to 80 minutes.
9. Glossier Invisible Shield Daily Sunscreen SPF 35 ($25): The It-girl beauty brand committed two years to the research and development of this everyday broad spectrum SPF to ensure that the formula is lightweight and goes on without a trace. This product is NOT waterproof, however, so it’s best for your day to day, and you might want to go with something else if you’re taking a dip.
10. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 ($32): The clear gel applies seamlessly under makeup, is oil-free, and will help control shine. This product will also protect against blue rays emitted by your tech.
What’s your favorite sunscreen? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Target)