6 Grown-Up Sunscreens That Protect Against More Than Just the Sun
Getting geared up for the beach used to be easy peasy: You’d load up on whatever SPF 50 you had on hand, then just slather, swim, repeat. Done! Now that you actually care about what goes on your skin (hello, adulting), things are a bit more complicated. You’re over harsh chemicals in your products and always appreciate anti-aging properties when you can get them. Here are a few grown-up sunscreens that fit the bill that we’re obsessing over this summer.
1. Tarte Tarteguard 30 Sunscreen Lotion ($32): This vegan and paraben- and phthalate-free SPF is infused with antioxidants to reduce redness, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles, so your skin will actually look healthier.
2. Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen ($65): This SPF 35 contains skin-tightening Japanese wild rose and loquat leaves to neutralize and protect your pores. We’ll be using it every day this summer.
3. Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense ($34): If you like to go the au naturale route when it comes to all things skincare, you’ll love this chemical screen-free and silicone-free option for your face, hands, and neck. It even contains marula oil for a serious hydration boost as you keep environmental aggressors at bay.
4. La Mer The Reparative Body Sun Lotion SPF 30 ($100): This lux hydrating lotion is a splurge, but will make your day at the community pool feel like a day at a five-star spa. You’ll get the protection you’re after, plus your skin will feel restored from any damage from past sun sins (tanning oil, we’re looking at you).
5. Coola Sunscare Sport Sunscreen Spray Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($36): Get your fit on — there’s finally a non-aerosol sunscreen spray you can feel good about using while you work up a sweat. Your skin will even feel nourished and glowing from the omega 3s and omega 6s. PS: The coconut scent smells just beachy.
6. Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection Sunscreen ($92): If you’re looking for a vegan sunscreen that still shields you from UVA and UVB rays, this pretty tube delivers. Inside, you’ll find ingredients like cherry blossom, lemon balm, and white tea that soften and tone the look of wrinkles while you soak up the sun.
Looking for more summer beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.