13 Podcasts That Will Make Managing Money a Breeze
Cashing in our first adult paycheck, buying our first car — becoming an adult means it's time to put away our adorable childhood piggy banks and make the switch to an actual bank-approved savings plan. But just because we know we should be managing our finances better (and resist those 2am Amazon splurges), it doesn't mean we know exactly where to start. Luckily for us, these millennial-focused podcasts will help us understand our finances, make a budget and adult like a boss.
1. Hush Money: Entrepreneur editor-in-chief Jason Feifer and money expert Nicole Lapin debate the most taboo topics related to money and bring in celeb judges to decide who's right and it's awesome. Listen in on the latest Teach Me Something New podcast (airs 5/20/20) when guest Nicole Lapin shares her best money secrets with Brit and Anj.
2. She Makes Money Moves: This podcast hosted by Glamour editor-in-chief Samantha Barry shares real stories (totally unscripted) of young women who are going through financial hard time and brings in financial experts to help guide them (us) through it.
3. Bad With Money by Gaby Dunn: Just like most millennials, Gaby has no idea how to properly manage her money. But instead of running away from the problem, she started a podcast featuring helpful guest stars (including comedians, actors, financial psychologists and even her own parents) to help her wade through these uncharted waters. Yeah, it's pretty amazing.
4. Money Girl: Savings and spreadsheets aren't really the most exhilarating subjects, which is why this to-the-point podcast is perfect for a daily dose of financial wisdom.
5. Planet Money: We've all been there: One minute you're enjoying a nice conversation about current events and then BAM someone brings up the economy. Instead of smiling politely and waiting for the conversation to end, check out this informative podcast explaining the economy in simple, easy-to-understand terms.
6. Spent: Journalist and stand-up comic Lindsay Goldwert interviews both experts and money disaster survivors in this laugh-out-loud podcast. Warning: Some episodes contain explicit language.
7. Afford Anything: Entrepreneur, investor and world traveler Paula Pant explains how we can afford anything, just not everything in this can't-miss podcast.
8. WSJ Your Money Matters: We've always wanted to be one of those people who casually sips their double shot espresso and peruses The Wall Street Journal on their lunch break. In this mini podcast series by the WSJ, you'll learn everything you'll need to know about personal finance and the economy in short digestible bits. Score!
9. HerMoney With Jean Chatzky: Hilarious, heartfelt and deeply interesting, this cool women-focused financial podcast should definitely be on your commuting playlist. Tackling everything from investing to retirement funds, it's a practical guide that isn't a struggle to listen to.
10. You Need a Budget: If you've fallen on hard times lately, check out this podcast immediately. Giving you all the building blocks you need to get out of debt, save money and stop living paycheck-to-paycheck, it's definitely a must-download for any millennial.
11. Listen Money Matters!: If you thought a financial podcast couldn't be entertaining, think again. In this hilarious and uncensored (AKA explicit) podcast, Andrew and Thomas detail practical financial advice that actually makes sense.
12. So Money With Farnoosh Torabi: With over 300 episodes aired to date, this inspirational podcast is definitely a must download. Drawing on experts from Tony Robbins to Arianna Huffington, Farnoosh answers some of our toughest financial questions.
13. Couple Money: Money and relationships often don't mix. This podcast helps couples manage their money and their marriage.
Which financial podcast is your favorite? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Getty)
This article has been updated from an original posting on October 2016.
- 9 Tips for Saving Money As a Wedding Guest - Brit + Co ›
- 6 Ways You're Losing Money Without Even Realizing It - Brit + Co ›
- This New App Is Using Psychology to Make You a Happier Spender ... ›
- 6 Ways to Feel More Comfortable Talking About Money - Brit + Co ›
- 8 Free Apps That Will Make Saving So Much Money Easier - Brit + Co ›
- Here's How to Talk Money With Bae at the Right Time - Brit + Co ›
- How Well Do You Know Stock Market Lingo? - Brit + Co ›
- You Got Furloughed, Now What? ›
- 6 Ways Freelancers Can Get Financial Help Right Now - Brit + Co ›