Christina Perri is giving us engagement-ring envy and Whitney Port gets personal about pregnancy in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below in the Thursday Morning Buzz.
1. Christina Perri and Paul Costabile are engaged! Perri shared the news on Thursday evening with a nice close look at the gorgeous wrapped V-shaped rock on Instagram. “Paul asked me to marry him tonight and I said yes!” the singer captioned her photo. Costabile celebrated with a sweet photo of the two of them, writing “I knew I wanted to ask this girl to marry me the day she walked into the green screen for an interview almost four years ago. I finally asked her right here tonight and she said yes!!!” So sweet. Congrats to the happy couple!
2. Harry Styles’ stepfather has sadly passed away. Styles’ stepfather, Robin Twist, only 57, has died after a long battle with cancer, according to a statement obtained by People. Styles served as the best man at his mom’s wedding to Twist, and while Styles has not publicly commented, the family is requesting privacy in this difficult time. Our thoughts are with Styles and his mom. (Photo via Christopher Polk/Getty)
3. Whitney Port admits that pregnancy has changed her self-confidence, and not for the better. In a new interview on the LadyGang Podcast, Port admitted that she couldn’t wait for her pregnancy to be over, not least of all because of how it’s affecting her confidence — and her love life. “It is so not for me! It’s not,” Port says when talking about intimacy with her husband Tim Rosenman during the pregnancy. “I feel so uncomfortable with my body that I can’t get into the mood. Like, I can’t feel sexy.” Port recently said on Instagram that it was a struggle for her to accept her changing body at first, but she’s learning to embrace the new curves and appreciate the work her body’s putting in RN. (h/T E!)
4. Lena Dunham reveals why she had to get rid of her beloved dog. Remember Lamby? If you follow Dunham on IG, you’ll know that the floofy li’l white pup, once the star of Dunham’s pics, has been MIA for a while now. It turns out, Lamby’s behavioral problems were insurmountable, and he’s been sent to a loving home more able to accommodate his challenges. “Last March, after four years of challenging behavior and aggression that could not be treated with training or medication or consistent loving dog ownership, Lamby went to live at an amazing professional facility in Los Angeles,” Dunham says.
She goes on to explain some of the problems, such as biting, urination and damage caused by his behavior, and says that ultimately he was dangerous to himself and others in an apartment building. Dunham emphasizes the importance of responsibly rehoming rescue pets if needed, and says one day she might write about the experience, and the “lessons in it, about forgiving myself and loving with an open palm and giving into a larger plan.” Aw.
5. The latest round of emojis is here! The latest round of emojis was made available just yesterday, and the update makes good on the mermaids and breastfeeding images we first heard about earlier this year. Yes! Other updates include a long-overdue hijab emoji, super cute new dinosaur and porcupine emojis, and a head-exploding emoji, for all your mindblowing goss sessions. (via Emojipedia)
6. Quote of the day: “I was always a junk food person, still am.” Dolly Parton with the most relatable quote ever, and we share it in celebration of #NationalOnionRing day!
Are you a junk food junkie? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Mark Davis/Getty)